Chapter 4: The Batcave

The last thing I remember is going into a dark place after Nightwing saved me.

I slowly open my eyes and I hear Nightwing's voice.

"She's waking up" Nightwing says. Blinking slowly, my eyes start to focus. I see a dark shadow that I immediately recognize as Batman.

"How are you feeling Victoria?" Batman asks me.

"I'm feeling better. How long was I out and where am I?"

"You were out for a day, and you are in the Bat-cave" says Nightwing, his hand on the back of his neck. He looks kind of nervous.

"So may I ask, how do you know my name?"

"Okay" says Batman "first of all let me introduce you to everyone. This is Nightwing, this is Robin , this is Alfred and this is Batgirl"

Robin is wearing a yellow cape, red shirt, and green pants. Nightwing has his black armor with a blue bird, and Batgirl is wearing her black armor, yellow cape, boots and gloves.

"Hum, may I ask you to leave so I can have a word with Vanessa" Batman asks the rest of his team. They nod and leave. Except for Alfred.

"Okay Victoria, do you remember the night when your father was killed?"

"Yes sir."

"I made a promise, I promised that I would keep you safe, so after Scarecrow attacked you I asked Nightwing to bring here, that way your mother and you are safe. Since that day I've been watching you and let me tell you, your fight with Scarecrow's men was impressive, Nightwing recorded it." He said smiling.

"Well thank you Mr. Wayne, I really don't know how I did it, I don't even know how I learned those techniques."

"Let me tell you two things, first how do you know my secret identity and second did you ever watch anyone fight or defend themselves?"

"Oh yeah about knowing your secret identity, the night you saved me I notice some characteristics about you, and they are the same as Bruce Wayne, but don't worry Mr. Wayne I won't tell anyone" I say with a smile. "And yes, let's just say I've always wanted to be a super hero and save people so sometimes I would watch action movies."

"Mmm.. Interesting I think the way you learn is by watching the movements your brain learns them. I have an offer... I would like for you to stay here at the Manor, and also I could train you if you want"

My first reaction was to hug him. For his reaction I'm guessing he's not used to hugs. After a while he relaxes his tense muscles and hugs me back.

"Thank you so much Mr. Wayne!"

"You can call me Bruce, and don't worry I'll make sure to keep your mother safe too. For now Alfred will show you your room, your stuff will arrive soon, and get ready for dinner."

I nod and follow Alfred. I couldn't imagine what living here would be like and I won't lie I was supper exited.