Chapter 5: settling at the Wayne Manor

After walking a lot we finally arrive at my new room. The Manor is really big. Alfred makes sure I'm okay and leaves. I decide to lay down on bed, close my eyes for a few seconds. Then I hear someone knocking on my door.

"Yes? Who is it?"

A girl appears. She has red/orange hair, white skin and blue eyes, she is really pretty.

"Um... Hi my name is Barbara Gordon or Batgirl."

"Hi Barbara, my name is Victoria. Come on in" she walks I and sits next to me on my bed.

"I know this is all new for you, so I just wanted to tell you that if you need anything my room is next door, I'm here for you, I'm glad there is another girl in the family" she smiles and hugs me. She is really sweet. "Oh and also your things are here."

"Thanks Barbara I really appreciate it" she walks out of the room and I walk down the stairs.

At the entrance there are a lot of boxes. The first one I pick is the box that has my personal belongings. At top of all the things there is a picture of my parents and I when I was little. The box is kind of heavy and I have to walk up the stairs. With a deep breath, I pick up the box and start to go up. Here I go. I'm half way through the stairs when the picture falls out of the box. I wanna catch it but at the same time I'm carrying the box. I expect to hear a crash but it never comes.

"Need help with that?" I hear Nightwing's voice.

"No, it's okay, don't worry I got it."

"Hey you don't have to pretend you're strong, I know you are just let me help you" he says.

He's too attractive, and his blue eyes sparkle. How do I say no to that.

"Okay." I give him the box and he carries it to my room.

"Oh I forgot to give you this letter, is from your mother" I grab it and sigh. Nightwing puts he box down and sits next to me.

"Um... I was wondering... If-if you don't mind if I sit next to you for a while" he looks really nervous.

"Yes sure, no problem" I open the letter and start reading it. It says:

"Dear Victoria,

I just wanted to tell you that I love you, always remember that, even though it is hard not to have you with me I know it's the best to keep you safe. Remember I love you and I will support you in anything you do."

A tear threatens to come out but I hold it back, I won't cry, at least not in front of Nightwing. 

"Um... I think it's time for dinner, wanna come"

"I'll be there in a minute, I need some time alone"

"Okay, but if you need anything I'm here for you" those words reached my heart, everyone here is so nice to me, I really like this place. It's time for dinner so I go down the stairs and sit at the table with everyone else. Nightwing is the only one wearing a mask.

Bruce clears his throat "mhm, I need to talk to all of you. Wait where's Tim?"

"Right here! Sorry I made you wait, oh hey Victoria I'm Timothy Drake, but you can call me Tim Drake" he smiles at me.

"Now that everyone is here, I would like to say something." He pauses. "I've decided for Victoria to attend Gotham Academy, with Tim."

"Awesome!" Says Tim.

"Really looking forward to it!" Barbara looks really exited.

We have dinner and then each of us goes to our room to go to bed.