Chapter 30: A New Batgirl

CASSANDRA'S P.O.V

My name is Cassandra Cain. I was trained from birth to be an assassin. Normal kids would learn to read and write, but my childhood was different.

Instead my father thought me to read peoples' emotions and I learned to predict the next movement they are going to make.

When I was eight my father, David Cain took me into the killing business. He asked me to kill a business man. As he died I could read his emotions, there was pain.... When I realized what I had done I ran away from my father and continued my training. I spent the next ten years being homeless, but now that's about to change............

I saved Commissioner Gordon's life. I decided I needed to change my way of life when I killed that man, now I'm determined to protect the life of innocent people.

When I saved Commissioner Gordon's life I was offered the position as Batgirl. With Batman's and Oracle's approval, I've been training with Bruce and now I live in the Manor with Barbara, Dick and Tim, there's an empty room but I'm not sure who stays there. I go Dick's room to call him for training. I look inside his room and see him staring at a picture of him and a girl.

"Who is that?" I ask him.

"Can you knock please!" He says hiding the picture. "I'm sorry Cas, you just startled me."

"That's okay Dick, but you still haven't answered my question, who is she"

"She's a friend"

"What's her name?"

"Victoria."

"Was she part of the team, does the empty room belong to her?"

"She is still part of the team, and yes that's her room"

"Where is she?"

"With her mother, she said she was going to be out for a week but it's been a month"

"Do you like her?"

"W-what?"

"You don't have to answer that by the way. Bruce wants to see you in the Bat-cave"

"I'll be there in a bit, thanks Cas"

I nod and go back to training. Right now I'm practicing my combat skills, sure I can predict my opponent moves but I'm not that great at training. Bruce realized how dangerous this was and started training me.

I hear footsteps, I think Dick is here.

"Ready?" He asks.

We start fighting.... After a few rounds I manage to hit Dick.

"Are you reading my moves?"

"Sorry" I look at him and see he's mind is somewhere else. "What is it Dick?"

"Nothing, it's just for a moment you reminded me of Victoria"

"Why?"

"She can also read people's moves"

"But...that's impossible....can you tell me more about her?"

"He doesn't like talking about her" says Tim.

It's weird that she can predict the moves, unless she was trained by an assassin.

Suddenly Batman tells us to suit up......

VICTORIA'S P.O.V

It's been a month since I left the Manor. My original plan was to stay here for a week but I needed up staying longer.