Chapter 50: A new addition

BATMAN'S P.O.V
After staring at the coordinates for a while I decide to give Talia the benefit of the doubt and go see what she wants.

"Alfred"

"Yes Master Bruce?"

"I have meet someone, I will be back later"

"Very well sir" he says and goes up the stairs.

I get in the Bat mobile and input the coordinates in the computer. The coordinates are near the bay.

Thalia wants to meet in a boat? Hmmmmm.... I don't like this.

I get on the boat and I'm received by Talia.

"I see you decided to come beloved" she says. She takes my hand but I move.

"What do you want Talia?" She looks at me with smirk.

"I want you to meet someone" she signals to go inside the boat. "Remember that night we spent together?" She whispers in my ear.

"When you drugged me?" How could I forget, I woke up with a cut and Thalia was gone, I can barely remember what happened.

"It was fun"
I scoff. "I can't even remember what happened"

"It's only a matter of perspective"
I clear my throat "We have something to discuss remember?"

"Of course" she steps away from me and. Kid walks in. "I want you to meet Damian" she pauses "our son"

"Our?" I repeat confused.

"Yes beloved, our son"

I look at the kid, he has green eyes and black hair.

"How do I know this is not a trick?" I ask her.

"I assure you, he's yours" she looks confident, not a drop of fear or doubt in her eyes, instead she looks eager to prove she has a point.

"Why would you hide him for so long and then bring him here?"

"I have my reasons, but now it is time for him to spend some time with his father. I have some matters to attend so I'll leave you too alone"

We walk out of the boat and head to the Bat mobile.

"So you are the famous Batman"

I look at him not knowing what to expect.

"I thought you would be taller"

We hop into the Bat mobile and head back to the Manor......

He gets down and explores the cave.

"I don't have to stay here you know?" He says "I can escape whenever I want"

"And what would your mother say about that?" I take of my mask and Damian stares at me with curiosity.

"Come on Damian I'll show you your room"

As we head to Damian's room Tim comes out of his room.

"Who is the new kid?" He asks.

Before I can respond Damian speaks. "Im his son"

"So is everyone here" Tim says.

"It is my understanding that you are not related by blood" Damian says.
Tim looks at me.

"I'll explain later" I pause "where's Richard?"

"I think you know the answer to that" Tim says.

I sigh and press the bridge of my nose. "This is your room Damian" I open the door "if you need anything I'll be in the Bat cave."
***
VICTORIA'S P.O.V
"I'm guessing you're going to stay until I talk to Talia?" I ask Richard raising an eyebrow.

"My plan is to take back home, with us, where you belong" he says.

"Fine" I sigh and hear a knock on the door. I turn to face Richard "do not leave this room"

He hides in the corner. Once he is out of sight I open the door.

"My lady" a guard says "Talia has returned"

"Take me to her please" I say.

"She is waiting in her room" the guard says.

I knock on her door.

"Come in" Talia says.

"I request permission to speak" I say standing up straighter.

"What is it my daughter?"

"I have made my choice" I pause and swallow "I will not join the league, however when the appropriate times comes I will help in any way I can as long as you leave the people I care about alone, if not there will be consequences to the league's actions"

Now that I think think about it, this decision wasn't that hard to make. After a lot of fighting, I was able to think clearly.

"Very well" Talia says "you have become strong my daughter. You may go home, but I expect you to keep your word" she says.

"Thank you" I say.

As soon as I leave Talia's presence I run back to my room. When I open the door Richard is lying on my bed.

"How did it go?" He asks.

"I'm afraid that....." I pause and look down, trying to make the moment more dramatic, seeing Richard's face full of concern "I get to go home!"

He gets up and pulls me into a hug. "Don't scare me like that" he whispers in my ear" then he picks me up and spins me around. We stare into each other's eyes and then he kisses me.

"Sorry" he says "I got caught up in the moment" he smile and his blue eyes sparkle.

"What are we waiting for?" I say "it's time to go back"
I grab his hand "follow me." we run across the hallways until we find our way out.

Once we are outside we start laughing.

"I hadn't laughed in a long time" I say.

"I'm glad to hear your laugh" he gets on his motorcycle and we start our journey back home, again. But this time I'm not coming back.