Chapter 13: young justice/first mission

It is an early Sunday morning when Bruce wakes us up. Sitting up with a grunt, I look at my phone and check the time.

4:30 a.m. Did something happen?

Looking at the window I see the dark sky and the far away lights from Gotham city, even the sun is asleep.

I guess it was taking us long since Bruce shouted "Hurry up! There is something important I need to tell you."

It's quite a sight when we we get to the Bat cave since we are all wearing our pajamas, except for Bruce. He already suited up.

"So what's so important?" Tim asks with a yawn.

"I'm sending you guys to train with the young justice league for a week."

"But you know we've being with them before" Tim complains.

"I know, but I'm going on a special mission." Bruce says and looks at Tim. "please promise me you'll take care of each other and help Victoria."

"Fine" Tim says.

With that we are dismissed and we head to our rooms to pack our things and get ready to go.

Alfred helps us with our things as we board the jet. As I step in I can't help but stop for a minute and look at my surroundings. When I see the rest of the team coming, I take a seat and put my seat belt on.

Nightwing takes a seat next to me and turns to face me.

"So I guess we have to make plans for another day huh" he says.

"Yes, I guess" I saw looking at the window and bouncing my leg up and down. Then I start moving my hands nervously.

"Are you okay?" He asks looking at my hands.

"Yeah I'm fine, it's just the first time I'm on a jet, or plane as a matter of fact."

Nightwing smiles and takes my hands. "Don't worry, it'll be fine, we've been in this jet plenty of times, it's completely safe. Besides, you have me and the others if anything happens."

"Thanks Nightwing" I smile at him.

The jet shakes as it takes off but it stabilizes once we are in the air.
***
"We're here" Batman says. I look outside the window and notice an island.

The jet descends and we land on a ramp inside another cave. I wonder if Batman had anything to do with this? Before we leave the jet we meet with Batman.

"Be careful" Nightwing tells Batman.

"I was about to say the same to you, I'll see you in a week" Bruce gives each of us a look and walks towards the jet again. We watch as he leaves in the jet and once its out of sight we go inside. There are a lot of young heroes there wearing a variety of suits and different colors. As soon as we walk in they look at us.

"Nightwing, good to see you bro" says a boy with a yellow suit. "Who is the new girl?"

"Team, this is Girl Robin" Nightwing says.

"Hey girl robin, I'm kid flash, nice too meet you" he says with a smile. "Come on" kid-flash takes my hand " I'll introduce you to the rest of the team"

"This is Miss Martian, Super-boy, Beast boy, Wonder Girl......" He introduces a lot of heroes, and to be honest I don't think I'm going to remember everyone.

"So how long are you staying here?" Asks Beast boy.

"Beast boy!" Says Miss Martian blushing "please excuse him"