Chapter 9: Tuesday, training with Nightwing

The alarm rings at 5:30 in the morning. Once I'm up, it's time to start exercising, which is mainly doing push ups and all the other exercises just as Batman told me. I want to be ready as soon as possible. Ugh, after training I have to get ready for school, I better hurry up. The day starts with me running outside the mansion. I head for the door, opening it slowly and carefully, trying to avoid making a sound. As I make my way through the hallway, I walk past Nightwing's room. His door is half open, he is already awake, and he's doing push ups. He got ahead of me. Without wasting another second, I go outside and start running, challenging myself to run faster.

As my speed increases, the air feels cooler, drying the beads of sweat running down my forehead. According to my training schedule, I have to run at least five laps.

When I'm done I go back inside, take a shower and get ready for school.

Tim and I walk out of our rooms at the same time, we smile at each other and run down the stairs, where Nightwing is waiting to drop us off at school.

"Have a good day day guys, see you later and be careful"

"What makes you think we're going to get in trouble?" I ask Nightwing. Behind me Tim starts laughing and Nightwing smiles. "You have a good day too Nightwing" then we get out of the car and wave at him as he leaves.

"Ready for a new day at Gotham Academy?" Asks Tim with a smirk on his face and he hits my arm playfully.

"You know Tim, you are like my annoying little brother" Tim smiles and go to our classes.
                                                         ***
The day goes by fast, and before I know it, it's lunch time. Jason waves from the other side of the cafeteria and joins us for lunch.

"Hey guys!" He says with a smirk, he also ruffles Tim's dark hair.

"Jason can you not do that? It's annoying." Tim says while fixing his hair with his fingers.

"Leave my little brother alone" I say laughing, though I must admit that Tim looks adorable.

"Little brother huh?"

"Yeah, my annoying little adoptive brother. We're all part of the bat family." the bell rings and it's time to go back to class. "You know Jason, maybe you should come visit the Manor sometime, I'm sure Bruce will be very happy to have you" I smile at him and he shrugs.

While we wait for Nightwing at the end of the day, we see Jason putting on his red helmet and leaving on his motorcycle. He is really cool.
                                                        ***
Nightwing heads to the Bat cave as soon as we arrive at the Manor. "Don't forget you have to train." He says as we enter.

With a groan, I go upstairs and change into my training clothes. As I head to the kitchen I hear Alfred say "don't forget to eat something before you get started Miss Victoria."

The truth is that I'm really nervous, specially because it's my first day of actual combat training. Nightwing is on the mat waiting for me to get there.

"Are you ready to start training Victoria?" Asks Nightwing rubbing his hands together.

"Well somebody is in a hurry" I say putting my hands on my hips. "yes I'm ready to start."

"He's gonna beat you up, so just be careful" Tim says from his seat.

"Shut up Tim "

"Not in a hurry, but it would be nice for you to join the team as soon as possible" he smiles. Did he just say that he really wants me in the team? I think I'm dreaming....he tries to kick me but my senses awaken and I stop his kick. I'm not dreaming, this is really happening.