Chapter 38: Surprises

The next morning I wake up with a groan. My shoulder hurts a lot mostly because it's sore, but I know I need to train and ignore the pain. Before training, I go to the kitchen to make some pancakes for Martha and Conner. Then I go to the barn to train.

The second floor of the barn looks perfect for practice, and it helps me to see any danger. I take out my katana, it's shiny surface glinting with the sun.

Taking in a deep breath I start swinging my sword, from side to side and in circles. "Hiya!" I say as I do my final move.

I'm alone for a while and then Conner comes in. I am so focused in keeping my balance that I don't really pay attention to Conner.

From here, I can see Conner standing standing near the entrance of the first floor.

"What are you doing?" He asks crossing his arms.

"I'm training." I say looking at him and then turning my attention back to my moves. "Not all of us have superpowers"

He sighs "listen I'm sorry for the way I reacted when we first met"

"Don't worry" I say.

"And I wanted to thank you for saving me and for breakfast"

His words seemed far away, and suddenly my head starts pounding and I start getting dizzy, making me lose my balance.

"Victoria? Did you hear me?" Conner asks.

Suddenly I'm falling from the second to the first floor. I get ready for impact but when I don't hit the floor, I realize that Conner catches me.

"Victoria? Victoria!" The last thing I see is his worried expression and then my head falls back and everything goes dark.
                                                                 ***
I wake up in a different room, it's not the room I'm staying in, maybe Conner's room?

When my eyes focus, I see four faces looking down at me with worried expressions. Clark, Conner, Bruce and Richard are there.

"How long was I out?" I ask sitting up and reaching to touch my temples.

"A few hours" Conner says looking down. He is sitting on the chair by his desk.

"Richard can you wait outside for a minute?" Asks Bruce, it looks like he wants to protest, but he just nods and exits the room, avoiding looking at me.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"We think that the Kryptonite is making you sick" says Clark.

"Making me sick?" I ask.

"It altered something" Bruce says.

"Meaning there's a chance that you have Kryptonian blood" says Clark.

"But I'm more human than anything" I say.

"You're right but you have abilities that most humans don't". Says Bruce.

"How much do you know of your past?" Asks Clark.

"To be honest I'm not really sure"

"I know someone that could help" says Clark.

"Let me guess, someone that can travel in time and show me my past"

"Yes, that's what I had in mind, what do you think?" Says Clark.

"Sure, I agree. Can I go now?"

Bruce and Clark look at each other before giving an answer, then Bruce nods.

I go downstairs slowly and see Richard standing on the living room. The wood creaks under my foot, making Dick turn my way. When he sees me he smiles.

"Hey" he says.

"Hi" I say awkwardly.

"I brought you some flowers" he says picking the daisies he brought.

"Thank you" I say taking them him. "They are beautiful."

Then Bruce walks and looks at Dick, that can only mean one thing, there's trouble in Gotham.

"I'm glad to see your alright, guess I'll see you later." With that, they both leave.

"So is he your boyfriend?" Asks Conner.

"No." I say firmly "he is my partner in crime fighting"

"Okay I believe you" Conner says raising his hands in surrender.

Then Louis comes in with a huge smile.

"Hello guys, do you know where Clark is?" I can tell that she is very nervous.

"He is upstairs." Conner and I say at the same time.

"Thanks." She says pursing her lips.

"Lois, what's going on? You seem nervous."

"can I tell you a secret?" She asks. "Well it's not a secret but Clark doesn't know yet"

Don't tell me she is pregnant. I think to myself.

"I went to the doctor and....." She pauses "I'm pregnant"

"Lois that's wonderful, congratulations" I hug her.

"When are you going to tell Clark?" Asks Conner.

"Right now, so wish me luck" says Lois with a wink and gives a thumbs up.

Conner and I watch Lois as she walks up the stairs.

"So..." Starts Conner. "Are you ready for your first day of school tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I guess I am. I just hope everything will be alright"

"Hey don't worry everything will feel fine, and I'll be at school too" He gives me a reassuring look.

For some reason I walk close to him and hug him. At first he's still but then he hugs me back. I guess he is as surprised as I am.

"Thanks for the saving" I whisper.

"Well I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you."

"Yeah I think we got each other's back, besides we are even now" I slightly punch his shoulder with my fist. "Well partner I gotta go get ready for school tomorrow"

CONNER'S P.O.V

Honestly I got scared when I saw Victoria lose her balance and fall. It was a dramatic and unexpected change. fortunately, I  was able to catch her.

I really wanted to apologize for the way I reacted when we first met. I'm still not used to having other people around.

I think I like her but I'm not sure if things could work between us, I mean I'm half Kryptonian and she is basically human with some abilities.

And then Lois and Clark are going to have a son or daughter, leaving me wondering if I'm ever going to be able to have a family. I feel like no one really understands me. No one else is ......well.....like me.

When Victoria hugged me it felt good and comfortable, but then again, just like with everything else, I'm not used to this emotions, maybe she can help.