Chapter 26: Titan tower

It is around five thirty when I hear someone knocking on my door making me sit up immediately. After my heart calms down a bit and my eyes adjust to the little light there is, I get out of bed and open the door.

"Dick?" I say surprised. "Is everything okay?" I ask with a yawn.

"Yeah, everything is fine." He says with a small smile. "Sorry to wake you up but suit up, I want you to meet some people, Tim is coming too."

I nod while rubbing my eyes. "Okay, I'll get ready"

After closing the door, I go to my closet and grab my costume. When I'm ready I go look for Nightwing.

"Are you guys ready?" He says. Tim and I nod and hop on our motorcycles.

As we drive, I press the accelerator to increase my speed and reach Nightwing.

"So where are we going?" I ask.

"We are going to visit the Titan tower."

"Wow! Really? That's so awesome"

The rest of the drive is quiet. We keep on driving until we reach a secret entrance. Then Nightwing takes out a card and puts in a secret code in order to go in.

The sound of the motorcycles is really loud inside the tunnel and I echoes all around, sending vibrations into my body.

Finally we reach the entrance to the tower. We park out motorcycles and take the elevator...

The first thing I see when the doors open are Beast Boy, Starfire and two others, a boy and a girl. The boy is half human half robot and the girl is quietly reading on the sofa.

"Hello everyone" says Nightwing "this are Midnight and Robin, my partners"

"Glorious" says Starfire "it is an honor to meet you!"

Of course I know Starfire but I don't think she remembers me, besides, I changed my costume.

My eyes go back to the girl reading the book. I try to see what she is reading but I can't see so I decide to ask her.

I breathe in, trying to calm down. It shouldn't be that hard to start a conversation right?

"Hi," I say in a low voice, then I clear my throat. "I was wondering what you are reading?" I say as I walk towards her.

"Oh, are you into books?" She asks lifting her head and closing her book.

"Yes, as a matter of fact I love to read"

"Oh cool." She says and she stays quiet. She seems to be a little distant, then again we just met. After a little moment of silence she speaks up. "My name is a Raven by the way."

"I'm Victoria or Midnight." I say with a small smile. On my back, I feel the stares of the rest of the team. Standing there awkwardly, I rub the back of my neck.

Raven suddenly stands up. "Would you like to talk somewhere more private?" She says grabbing her book. I give her a small nod. "Follow me." We start walking away but beast boy speaks up.

"Where are you going Rae?"

"Somewhere were we won't be stared at." She says sounding a little annoyed.

"Where's that?"

"My room."

"WHAT!!!!!" The rest of the team says, their mouths dropping open.