Chapter 49: plead

Batman/Bruce P.O.V

In a way, I understand the way she feels. It's not easy to deal with this decision at her age. An heir to the throne of the league, destined to take her mother's place without knowing. Well, she was created to take her mother's place without having a say in the matter.

It reminds me of my time with the league. Ra's and Talia wanted me to be the new ruler but I declined their offer. I want to do more for her but this is her fight. I know she will make the right choice.

"You're just going to let her go. Again?" Richards says standing behind me with his arms crossed.

"It's her choice, I'm not going to force her to stay"

"But you didn't stop her from leaving"

"You didn't either" I say in a cold tone making him stay quiet for a while.

"Why does she do this? Is it us? Does she not like us?" He says running a hand through his hair.

I let out a heavy sigh. "The situation is way more complicated"

Our conversation is interrupted when the door opens. "I'm back" Tim says.

"Good to have you back" I say.

"What's going on?" He asks.

"Victoria left. Again" Richard turns and starts to walk away.

"Where are you going?" After working with him all these years, I can tell that he is working on a plan.

"Are you going to explain her situation?" He asks.

"Take a seat." I say motioning for Tim and Dick to take a seat. "Victoria's father was murdered when she was nine, leaving her with her mother. The only problem is that she wasn't her real mother." I pause and both stare anxiously. "Her real mother is Talia Al' Ghul."

"As in the league of Shadows?" Tim asks furrowing his eyebrows.

"She is supposed to take her mother's place at the league, which means that she has to train and join the league, or else, they will hurt the people she cares about."

"She's dealing with all that by herself? Why didn't she say anything?"

"Because it would put us in more danger. She needs time for herself, she needs time to think and pull herself together"

"I'm going to the league" Dick says, determination shoes in his face.

"To do what Richard?"

"Negotiate"

"It is not a good idea, it is very dangerous, for you and for Victoria" I pause. "If you go they will capture you and use you to bring Victoria and make her join the league"

"Agh. Fine! But I can't sit here and do nothing" He leaves the cave.

"I see you got a new suit Tim" I say changing the subject.

"Yes, I'm Red Robin now"

"Good to have you back"

My attention turns back to the screen as I wait for it to turn on.

Beep. I have a message from Thalia.

"Hello beloved, I was hoping we could meet in private, I'll send the address. It's your choice to come or ignore the message" I receive the coordinates. What does she want? She wants to meet tomorrow and in private, I better be prepared for any attacks on her part.

RICHARD'S P.O.V

I hate it! Bruce just let her go. She needs all the help she can get. I just feel like I have to do something about it. No matter what Bruce says I'm going after the league, it's the only way I can help Victoria.
"I'm going out" I tell Alfred as I grab my motorcycle keys.

"Be careful Master Grayson. Where are you going?"

"I'm going after Victoria"

"Do you want me to tell Master Wayne?"

"Don't worry Alfred, I'll be back soon"

"They never learn" Alfred says shaking his head.

I have to come up with some sort of negotiation, after all, it will take a long time to reach the league.
***
Once I reach the mountain, I decide to walk the rest of the way. Two guards stand at the entrance, both wearing a black uniform and a mask covering their faces.

When they see me they pull out their swords.

"I'm here to speak to Talia Al' Ghul" I say.

"She is not here at the moment" they say.

Okay, honestly I wasn't really counting on that.

I have to think of something.....that's when I see her walking outside. Her wavy brown hair loose, wearing clothes similar to Talia, she looks beautiful.

"What's the problem?" She asks the guards. When she sees me she looks shock.

"Let him in"

The guards move and allow me to go through. As we walk through a hallway she pins me to the wall with her left arm.

"What are you doing here Grayson?" She looks so sad.

"I missed you too, is this how you say hi" he smiles.

"Miss Al' Ghul" a guard starts to walk towards us "is everything alright? Do I sound the alarm?"

"There's no need" Victoria pauses, she looks so confident "I have some matters to attend, go back to duty"

She grabs my hand and takes me into her room.

"Well played, they respect you" I say.

"More like fear the rage of Talia" she looks down "there is a reason I left"

"There is a reason I'm here"

"You are unbelievable Grayson"

"Why?" I pause "why won't you let me help?!"

"In case you haven't noticed we're in the League of Shadows"

I take her hand and lift her chin.

"There are other ways to live without the league being involved"

"I left because I don't want the league to hurt you" she pauses, her eyes filling with tears "I care about you to much" she whispers "is that what you wanted to hear?"

"I care about you too, that's why I came to take you home,please come back, don't leave us, let us help you, let me be here for you" I pull her into a hug.

"Once Talia comes back I'll talk to her, she is more reasonable, then I promise I will come back"

"I trust you"