Chapter 48: Conffesions

I lift up my face to look at him and sigh. "Jason, I'm not an angel, it hard to keep control of my fighting without hurting someone, you said it yourself my mother is an assassin and I am a living, breathing danger."

"I shouldn't have said that, I'm sorry, I know it's hard."

My emotions overwhelm me. I want to cry but I won't do it in front of Jason.

"Listen" he grabs my arm and pulls me closer to him "no matter what happens, please promise me that you will not end up like me, okay?"

"I can't do this anymore!" I jerk my arm and start walking away.

"What do you mean?" He asks full of concern.

"I need to go, I'm so sorry" I put my arms around me and start running away.

"Victoria wait!"

Tears start streaming down my cheeks. I hate to do this Jason and to the bat family, they have done so much for me and I can't do much for them.

"Thank you Jason" I say "you will always be my big brother"

By now he caught up with me and he pulls me into a hug. "Whatever you do, just be careful and come back okay?"

"I will" it might be time to go with the league.
                                                                   ***
When I enter the gates that lead to the Manor, I go to the back and use my grapple gun to get to my window. I quickly search for the most important belongings and put them in my backpack.

My mind is so busy thinking, that don't realize that I'm walking out of my room instead of going out the window. As I leave my room with my stuff Richard stops me.

"You leaving without saying goodbye" he says "again" he crosses his arms.

"Don't start Grayson" I say. This is what I was trying to avoid. It's hard enough as it is.

"Why do you keep doing this?" He asks, he is so mad and worried at the same time.

I don't know what to say. "Do you not like us?"

"It's not that" I say. I try to walk past him but he doesn't let me. It's so frustrating. I just want to go to a field and scream my lungs out, but I need to be stronger than this. I can do it.

"Then what is it?" He insists.

"Please stop" my voice breaks a little at the end making me swallow and take in a deep breath.

"I'm not doing anything I just want to know why"

"You wouldn't understand Grayson" a tear runs down my cheek as I walk downstairs.

He puts his hand hand on my shoulder.

"Listen I'm sorry, but I can't help you if you don't tell me what's wrong" he looks at me with his blue eyes.

"I just can't"

"Stop pushing me away! I just want to help" he goes to his room and slams the door making me jump.

I go to the kitchen and find Alfred there.

"Is everything alright?" He asks.

"It's not" I say "I can't do it Alfred, I want to be good but I feel like the darkness is going to take over"

"Have you told master Bruce?" He asks with his British accent.

"I don't know how to tell him, I want to please him" I say "in a way he's like a father to me"

"You should tell him"

After considering the idea I go look for Bruce and find him in the Bat cave.

I clear my throat. "Can I talk to you?" I say.

"what's on your mind?"

"First, i appreciate everything that you've done for me but I can't stay any longer"

"Is everything okay? It sounds like you are saying goodbye." He looks directly into my eyes. I know I can't hide anything from him, he is Batman after all.

"I can't do it, I'm falling apart Bruce, and I don't think I can put myself back together. I've being trying really hard to ignore Talia but she is part of me. I'm dangerous and anywhere I go people will get killed because of me. I can't let anything happen to you. I feel like I'm going crazy and my head is going to explode, I just need some time."

"As long as I'm here, remember that you have a home" That's what I love about Bruce, he doesn't stop me.

"Believe it or not I understand what you are going through. I went through something similar when my parents died"

Hearing him say that does it, I break down and let the tears fall freely.

"It's okay" he hugs me "Richard is right you know, you can't keep,pushing people away or you will end up like me"

"You have being like a father to me, I just want you to know that" I say softly.

"If you need anything just call okay?"

"Thank you Bruce." I hug him one last time and get going.

I hate doing this, here I go again. Leaving the Manor. I feel like I'm going insane and don't want to let them see me like that. It will hurt them more than it hurts me. As I leave, I keep my eyes focused ahead, without looking back at the Manor. I wouldn't blame them for being mad at me, after all, I don't belong here.