Chapter 44: Evil twin part 2

I need to get going before the shadow is out of sight. My hand shoots up in the middle of class, waving to get the teacher's attention.

"Yes miss Knighton?"

"May I be excused? I'm not feeling that well."

"Sure, make sure to pick up your assignment on your way out."

"Thank you."

I put everything in my backpack and rush out he door. My heartbeat is pounding really fast, adrenaline flows through my veins, my lungs gasp for air, but I don't stop, I need to find out who she is.

First I make a quick stop in the restrooms to change my clothes and go out the window. There is no time to waste, I have to reach her before she disappears. I didn't even wait for Richard or Tim.

As I run towards the gates of the school, I wonder if I should call Bruce......

Perhaps later, right now, I will try to handle this myself, see if I can get some information from this mysterious girl that looks like me according to Jason.

I get the grapple gun from my belt and unleash it to jump on top of the rooftop of the building in front of the school, Gotham might be big but I should be able to see where she is going.

Back at the school patio, I see Tim and Richard in their uniform, looking around. They are either trying to find her or trying to find me. Focus. I tell myself as I scan the city again. For a few minutes, I am unable to locate her. Then she appears again coming from the corner of my eye. This time I am not letting her go.

Before I know it, I am back on my feet running after her as fast as I can. Jumping from building to building, the strong air goes against me, almost as if trying to stop me from reaching my target.

Finally after chasing her for a few blocks she goes down an alley and stops. I land with a roll and put my grapple gun away.

She is facing the wall, giving me her back. When she turns around, her face is covered and I can only see her eyes. One thing it's for for sure, she is wearing a League of shadows uniform.

"I have being waiting for this moment" she says "sister" then she reveals her face, she looks exactly like me. Jason wasn't exaggerating.

"Who are you?" I ask her "and you sent you?" The answer it's obvious but I want to see if she com firms it.

"Direct and to the point. I don't even get a hug?" She says sarcastically "fine, let's have a duel, if you win I'll give you the information you need, but" she pauses "if I win I get to kill your bird friends"

She points up and I see that Robin and Nightwing are trapped.

I face palm myself. Sometimes I wished they stayed behind, specially when dealing with assassins but they never listen.

"I accept the challenge" I say.

"Are you nuts?" Says Nightwing.

"Stay out of it bird boy" says the girl "now let's begin"

"This has nothing to do with you." I tell him. "Stay out of it, please." My eyes go back to focus on my evil twin.

I grab my katana from under my cape and get in position. "I'm ready when you are."

I have to win this duel, to save my friends and to get the answers I need, and trust me I have a lot of unanswered questions about my origin.

She swings her katana but I manage to stop the hit, making our swords clash and sending sparks everywhere.

"You're stronger that what you look" she says grinning.

"You should never underestimate people you know?" I say pushing her. Our swords continue to clash filling the air with the sound of metal against metal

She moves fast but I know I can beat her, I have different types of training, even from the League of shadows. Her moves are good but she has a lot to learn.

We fight for a long time, and trust me I thought the duel was going to last forever. We are both sweating and breathing heavily, but we don't  stop fighting, honestly I am not sure how much longer I can keep up with this fight..

I see the determination in her eyes, but I have my own determination and fight within me. I have to win. As we fight, I try to figure out what her plan is. Maybe she expects me to give up, of maybe she is waiting for the moment when I am weak.

She runs towards me but I jump and push myself up, using her to set free Tim and Richard.

As soon as they are free they get in positions to fight.

"This is my fight" I say "don't get in the way, and don't do anything that puts your lives in danger" I say with a firm voice.

She is still lying on the floor but as I walk closer she gets up.

She tries to punch me but I punch her first, then I put my katana close to her neck and pin her against the wall.

"It seems like the duel is over. Now you are going to give me some answers" I say.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the slow updates guys I have being very busy with school but I will try to update more often. Thanks for all your support and I hope you keep reading my story.
Thanks for your patience,
~Midnight 🌕🌙