Chapter 50

Sapphire.
We were all waiting for Gaia to tell us her solution. I was fidgeting with my shirt. Vaye was nervously tapping her foot once more. Weiss looked calm but I caught her rubbing her palms together. Eva started to bounce her right leg up and down whilst she bit her lip. Noticing all of our nervousness, Gaia chuckled. I couldn't help but chuckle as well.

I bet we looked like a bunch of nervous bitches waiting for the results of their exam. Well, I guess it felt like that. If we were waiting for our results then I'd totally fail. Pearl, Amethyst and Weiss would pass with flying colors. The other two? I didn't know but I hoped that they would fail too. Naturally, I didn't want to be the only one who failed the test. Wait, why the fuck am I even thinking about this?

"You all know that everything happens for a reason, right?" Gaia started, raising an eyebrow at all of us. I immediately nodded, the others nodded as well while Weiss muttered a small yes.

Gaia grinned, "There is a reason why your mates are joined in one body. First, it would be easier for the three of you to find your mates. Second because the mighty Moon Goddess wanted to have some fun-" Okay, what the fuck? Some fucking Goddess did this to us just because she wanted some fun? How fucking delightful. I guess other people's miseries are some sort of entertainment.

"-And the third one is the main reason. The two of you, Eva and Weiss may not like it as it involves your mates."

I gulped and urged her to continue. She gave us a small sad smile. "Sapphire Hollow was with her girlfriend, Patrice when a bunch of wolves decided to attack them. The reason? The wolves thought it was pathetic for a vampire to fall in love with a human. In result of their violence, they raped and killed Sapphire's girlfriend, Patrice. On the other hand, they made sure to let Sapphire live but instead, they unknowingly put her in a coma. It is the reason why you are in Amethyst's body today, Sapphire. You are in a coma. Do you remember your dream? You were reliving your memory, my dear. I'm sorry."

Before I knew it, tears were streaming down my cheeks. I looked down, not bothering to wipe my tears away. I remember that dream and now that I know that it wasn't a dream, it only broke me more. Why did I forget? How could I? I guess it made sense why the pain felt so real and why I felt so fucking worthless when I watched them rape Patrice. I don't even remember her that well but the mere thought of her already got me sobbing. Weiss immediately took my hand and kissed my cheek as a sign of comfort.

"Do you want me to continue? Pearl's story isn't as bad but it isn't good either." Now that caught my attention. I looked up and saw her looking at me with sad eyes.

"Please tell us." She noticed the sudden change of my accent. Nodding, she cleared her throat and began talking.

"Pearl Riverdale didn't have it easy as well. Just like Amethyst and Sapphire, she suffered. You see, Pearl had a normal childhood that lasted until her mother died. All that was left was her and her father. Unfortunately for her, Pearl's father, Tyran Riverdale was a power hungry man. Pearl was only 28 years old when it happened. She was the future Alpha of their pack, the Purple Moon. She was the only child so naturally, the title would be given to her." Gaia paused for awhile to take a deep breath.

After doing that, she continued. "Tyran did not like it. He wanted the title to himself. He thought Pearl was not capable of becoming Alpha, just because she was a girl. Blinded by rage and thirst for power, he tried to kill his own daughter. He used a silver blade and stabbed Pearl. He then took pity on her and buried her. Little did he know, his daughter is here, breathing and well."

My own father tried to kill me? Tha-That's.. I can't.. Why? It hurts.

I'm so sorry, Pearl.

"Tyran Riverdale. I remember that man, he tried asking me to marry him once. I never knew my mate would be related to that sick man. I'll fucking make him pay." Eva growled, gritting her teeth. Her hands were formed in a fist, she looked like she was ready to kill someone. Her eyes were also a mix of silver and gold now.

Gaia motioned Vaye to calm Eva which she did. "Ho-How could he.." I was dissociating by now, my accent was changing into Pearl's British accent. I held Weiss' hand tighter. She gave me a small squeeze in return.

"Amethyst has also gone through abuse. Her family hates her and she was constantly bullied in school by a girl named Lily." At the mention of this, Vaye's eyes started turning pitch black.

"Do you see, my queens? Your mates suffered and are still suffering. They were joined because they know each other's pain and because they are the three queens' mates."

"The Moon Goddess had their memories erased. Their memories will return once they are back in their own bodies."

At the mention of this, I wiped my tears and asked, "But how? I'm in a coma and Pearl's body is probably buried."

Finally, Gaia's sad smile was replaced with a brighter one. "Yes, you are in a coma, dear but your parents do not know. You are buried as well, Sapphire." Okay, how the fuck was that supposed to make me feel better? So I'm fucking buried, six feet under the ground. How fucking awesome. But hey, at least my parents were alive.

"But still, how are they supposed to return to their bodies?" Weiss asked, raising an eyebrow at Gaia with an adorable frown on her face.

Gaia smirked, "Dear, have you forgotten who you're talking to? I can make it happen." My eyes widen and I can hear Weiss gasp beside me. Wow, this girl was really powerful, more powerful than I thought.

"Is there a catch? Do we have to do something for you in return?" Vaye asked skeptically. I guess she was wise to ask that. Who knew she had a brain, huh?

"Now that you've mentioned that, yes."

Vaye frowned whilst Weiss nodded. I wasn't sure if I liked the fact that we had to do something in return. I thought she was a cool chick who would do it for us for free. Turns out, nothing was free anymore. Fuck this world.

Gaia chuckled at our reactions. "Again, you are all very pessimistic. You will not be doing anything for me. Instead, you will do something for your mates." I looked at her in disbelief. What did she mean?

Asking my unasked question, Eva asked, "What exactly do you mean?"

This time, Gaia's expression turned serious. "Grant the wishes of your mates and bring Sapphire and Pearl's bodies to me. After you have done that, I shall bring Sapphire and Pearl back to their own bodies. Then all is well."

Holy shit.