End of the Journey

Start from the beginning

''Will you be my date?'' she asked and a small made it's way to Jace's face ''Yes, Clary....yeah, I'll be your date.''. Clary smiled brightly at him before she sighed and made her way to the glass railing, lost in her own thoughts.

''What?'' Jace frowned at her in concern ''What is it?''

''I just..wish we could be celebrating without Jonathan still lurking out there..'' Clary told him her inner feelings and Jace sighed softly before standing besides her ''Yeah..But there is always gonna be demons lurking. Edom maybe gone but there are plenty of other hell realms still out there.''

Clary looked down before looking back up at him ''But that doesn't mean we can't come together and celebrate a wedding.'' Jace smiled at her ''It's what we fight for right? So we can live and love in peace.''

~*~*~*~*~

The first thing that Izzy did when Katherine entered the armory was to squeal in delight before throwing her arms around the older girl. ''Whoa.'' Katherine chuckled and stumbled as Izzy's sudden weight caught her off guard but then managed to wrap her arms around the younger girl.

''Oh I am so happy.'' Izzy chuckled and pulled away ''You and Alec are finally getting married.'' Katherine smiled brightly, feeling all warm from inside ''Have you decided on your dress yet?'' Izzy asked and the older girl smacked her lips ''Actually, that was what I came here to talk about.'' she took Izzy's hands in her own ''Would you like to help me prepare for the wedding?''

Izzy chuckled in delight '' You don't have to ask, of course I will..''

Katherine smiled and looked around the armory for the familiar red headed ''Where's Clare? I'd thought I would ask her as well.''. She saw a smile on Izzy's face and narrowed her eyes playfully ''Why are you smiling so brightly?''

''Clary asked me to me her parabatai.''

Katherine's eyes widened in surprise and she chuckled ''She did?''. Izzy nodded and the Herondale pulled her in for a hug ''That's great, you two always fight better when you are together.''

The two then spent the next half an hour talking about what Katherine's hairstyle and dress should be like, and whether she would be more comfortable in heels or in flats..to which Katherine had said that she'd be fine in any and at that Izzy had squealed in delight before suggesting  5 inches heels. 

The older girl shrugged in agreement ''Fine by me.''

''Kate, hey.'' a familiar voice greeted Katherine and she along with Izzy turned around to see Clary coming towards them with a smile on her face ''Congratulations on the wedding.'' she hugged the older girl.

''Thanks.'' Katherine chuckled and pulled away ''Jace started crying when we got the invitation.'' Clary said with a smirk and the Herondale snorted in amusement ''That's something to tease him about.''

''It sure is.'' Izzy agreed and then looked down at her phone as it dinged with a message ''It's a message from Magnus..says he needs help with choosing the colors for curtains.''

''Go then.'' Katherine said and Izzy gave her a hug and patted Clary's arm before leaving. ''I need to give you something.'' the older girl pulled out her rose-gold ring that Imogen had given to her. Katherine ran her thumb on one of the herons and was filled with nostalgia ''I need you to destroy it.''

Clary gaped at her, baffled by her words ''Kate, but...''

''This ring has the ability to summon dead spirits at will.'' Katherine explained, she didn't want to destroy the only thing that her grandmother had given to her..but she didn't have a choice ''And no object should have the power to summon to that.''