Of Men and Angels

''What happened?''

Magnus took Katherine who was barely keeping her eyes open out of Clary and Simon's grip who were also holding Luke who was like Katherine barely conscious, as Jace was parking the car.

Magnus placed the Herondale on one of the couches as Simon answered him, ''Luke was attacked and Kate has a wound on her left shoulder that just magically opened?'' he looked at Clary with confusion on his face but she couldn't care less how Katherine got the wound, what she cared about was that her older sister figure was bleeding to death and so was Luke.

''They both need a warlock, they need you.'' Clary said as Magnus bought a pillow on another couch before they placed down Luke on it. Katherine flinched in pain and closed her eyes as her left shoulder started throbbing. ''Katherine, look at me, don't close your eyes, sunlight.'' she opened her eyes to see Magnus standing over her with his cat like eyes gleaming , ''Wha-what is this wound?'' she asked him as he healed it ''All the  male Herondales have a little star shaped scar on their left shoulder as a birthmark.''

Katherine looked over at Luke who had stopped thrashing before looking back at Magnus, ''Well...I am a girl.'' Magnus rolled his eyes playfully , ''Yes, I noticed Katherine. You seem to be the only girl Herondale who has it. Now, as I was saying... I had to erase it out of your skin so that no one could even have a doubt that you weren't a Fairchild-''

Katherine nodded her head and looked at her left shoulder, where sure enough there was a little star scar ''-and it came back, like I knew as a wound.I healed the wound and all you have now is a scar.'' she chuckled ''It's cute.''

Magnus raised his eyebrows and pretended to look at the scar thoughtfully , ''I suppose it is.'' he patted her arm before he went inside to create healing potions for Luke. Katherine got up from the couch she was laying on and kneeled before the one Luke was on, his bare chest now bandaged .

 She placed her hand on top of Clary's who appeared to be lost and gave her a smile, ''He will be fine, Clary. Luke, as I remember him is one of the strongest man I have ever known.''

Clary looked at Katherine and saw that her wound had healed, leaving only a scar or as Magnus had said, Herondale birthmark, ''You have a cool birthmark now.'' she gave Katherine a smile who chuckled ''Yeah...but I think it's more cute than cool.'' Simon looked between the girls with a confused smile, he was confused but glad  of the bond the adoptive sisters still shared.

What the nor the adoptive sisters nor the warlock saw was that Simon licked his hand which had blood on it before looking back at Clary, ''You okay?'' Katherine gave him a look, ''Yes, Lewis.She's brilliantly fine.'' Clary patted her hand with her free hand and nodded her head at Simon who placed his hand on her shoulders, ''Hey, it's me.I know how much he means to you.''

The way Simon comforted her reminded Katherine of Izzy and she got up from the ground before moving a bit way and calling Izzy, from whom she had gotten 10 miss calls.

''Kate? By the angels, are you alright?''

''I am fine Izzy, did you and Alec reach alright?'' Izzy chuckled from the other line, ''You almost bled to death and you 're worried about us? We're fine, what about you and that weird wound?'' Katherine sighed and saw Magnus come out of the kitchen with utensils in his hand, ''Well turns out it's a Herondale birthmark that Magnus had erased.'' ''I still don't understand whole of it but I got the summary, you have a star shaped birthmark every Herondale male has?''

Katherine frowned but  then realized Izzy couldn't see her, ''How do you know that?''

Izzy chuckled, ''I did my research on the Herondales after we found out about you being a Herondale, I had to know everything about them.'' Katherine chuckled before she saw Jace enter the loft with a bleeding nose, ''Gotta go, talk to you later.'' ''Bye.''