Chapter 27

I woke up to beautiful singing from Adam. He was laying down next me with his guitar strumming while he was singing. I turned and looked at him while he was singing this beautiful song that I have never heard before and usually I know Adam's songs by heart and I didn't know this one.

Please don't see
Just a boy caught up in dreams and fantasies
Please see me
Reaching out for someone I can't see

Take my hand, let's see where we wake up tomorrow
Best laid plans sometimes are just a one night stand
I'll be damned, Cupid's demanding back his arrow
So let's get drunk on our tears

And God, tell us the reason youth is wasted on the young
It's hunting season and the lambs are on the run
Searching for meaning
But are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark?

I watched how he sang and how his hand moved as he strummed the guitar. He turned and looked at me as he finished and kissed my forehead with a smile.

"Good morning sweetheart! I didn't notice that you woke up, did I wake you babe?" Adam placed his guitar on the ground and turned on his side so his face was facing mine. He took his hand and stroked my face.

"No, I was listening to you sing that beautiful song. What is the name of the song babe?" I put my hand in Adam's hair and took strands of his hair and twirled it around my fingers.

"It's a new song that I have been working on for an upcoming movie that I will be in. The movie is called Begin Again and the song is called Lost Stars."

"It is a beautiful song. I can't wait to see who you play in the movie!" I looked at him all excited.

"Do you want me to show you how to play it on the guitar?" Adam got up, grabbed his guitar and rested his back against the headboard of the bed. I got up and sat in between Adam's legs. He wrapped his arms around me with the guitar in his hands. He placed the guitar on my lap so I was holding it. I put my hands on the guitar. I had no experience, I never learned how to play a guitar.

"Adam, I don't know how to play a guitar."

"It's okay, I will teach you." Adam placed his hands where my hands were at. He put his hands on top of mine. He took my hand and started strumming. He took my other hand and was moving the strings. He started singing the song where he left off and he let me sing with him.

Both: Who are we?
Just a speck of dust within the galaxy?
Woe is me
If we're not careful turns into reality

But don't you dare let our best memories bring you sorrow
Yesterday I saw a lion kiss a deer
Turn the page, maybe we'll find a brand new ending
Where we're dancing in our tears

And God, tell us the reason youth is wasted on the young
It's hunting season and the lambs are on the run
We're searching for meaning
But are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark?

and I thought I saw you out there crying
and I thought I heard you call my name
and I thought I heard you out there crying
But just the same

And God, give us the reason youth is wasted on the young
It's hunting season and this lamb is on the run
searching for meaning
But are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark?

And I thought I saw you out there crying
And I thought I heard you call my name
And I thought I heard you out there crying
But are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark?
Are we all lost stars trying to light up the dark?