Chapter 37: Okaeri

On the last day, as they were getting ready to leave Hamanoji, Yue received a surprise video call from Dudu

On the last day, as they were getting ready to leave Hamanoji, Yue received a surprise video call from Dudu. She took the call at the deck. Didi was in the bathroom.

"Dudu-jie! What a surprise!" She exclaimed, sitting down on her favourite chair. Just a while ago, they were kissing in this chair, before he carried her in to continue the rest of their passionate act. Her face blushed furiously, telling herself to focus on the call. It must be important.

"How is Japan, Yue? You look good, actually. Did you do something to your hair or your cheeks?" Dudu responded, peering closely to the screen.

Yue felt her eyes were undressing her for some secrets. She cleared her throat and smiled. "Everything is wonderful here. I'm having a good time, Dudu."

"I'm jealous. We're all working hard here. So, please bring back some souvenirs for the team," she teased.

They went on and talked about the concert, when Didi appeared right behind her and said "Hi, Dudu-jie."

She saw the Dudu's face froze for a second, before breaking into a smile. "Oh, I didn't know you're with Didi, Yue. Hi Didi! It's been a long time. Yue told me you moved back to Kyoto."

He grinned and casually draped his arm around her shoulder. "I'm moving back to Suzhou. But will be travelling in between the cities."

Was that a crestfallen look on her face? Yue started to feel uneasy. "Dudu, did you call me for a reason?"

She smiled. This time it seemed genuine. "Since Didi is here as well, I might as well inform both of you. Kandytown had agreed to do a duet with Yue! And I have arranged for you to meet them before you fly back to China!"

Both of them looked surprised. "How come they didn't tell me? Is it my song they are doing? The one I wrote for Yue?" Didi asked, excitedly.

Dudu nodded her head. "They will call you today. This is fresh from oven news. Yue, what do you think?"

Yue almost wanted to jump up and hugged Didi but she stopped herself. Instead, she laughed and clapped her hands. "This is so amazing! Thank you Dudu, and Didi-" she turned to look at him, sending him a signal that said "I want to kiss you."

"I will do my best! Will Didi be going with me to meet them? Where will it be?"

In next few minutes, Dudu told them a rough itinerary for the studio recording in Osaka. She had arranged it prior her flight back to Suzhou. They chatted animatedly when Dudu told them she had to go. "Yue, can I have a personal word with you?"

Yue glanced at Didi. He nodded his head and squeezed Yue's arm before heading inside the bedroom. "See you soon, Dudu!"

"Yue—" Dudu started," I didn't know you and Didi will advance this soon. I can't stop you from getting into a relationship but you have stay low-key. The public doesn't need to know about you and him."