Chapter 50: Unmei

A month passed and Yue still had not moved in with Didi

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

A month passed and Yue still had not moved in with Didi. She was fearful that staying with him would affect his full recovery. She was afraid that she would distract him.

While all these seemed petty, Yue only thought what would be the best for them. She would think about moving in much later.

The Didi she knew in the beginning was back. He showered her with flowers and gifts. They spent time going for long and slow walks, sometimes by the lake. They talked about what happened when he was unconscious.

Yue told him about Kandytown's visit and he seemed pleased that they apologized to her. He asked her about her new song. "Can you sing for me please?"

As she sang, she felt him gazing at her, the way he did the first time they sang together at the club. Her skin tingled and her heart skipped a beat.

When she finished, his eyes were glistening. He rose and took her into his arms. "That was beautiful. I'm so blessed to have you. I love, Yue." Then, he kissed her gently on her lips.

Didi kept his promise. He never asked her about moving back with him. That was what she loved about him. He respected her.

The gang decided to throw a celebration party for Didi at the music club. Once again, there was a lot of loud music, chatter and laughter. Marco and his fiancée were also present, together with Dee Hsu, Okaasan, Mama Wang and Nai Nai.

"This looks like a wedding party," commented Zi Wei casually. "Without the wedding dress, cake and rings. Speaking about rings, Yue, isn't it time that you told us about your marriage with Didi?"

"What marriage?" Yue replied nonchalantly.

"Kuan told me."

"Can't he keep a secret?" She knew her face was red.

"Don't blame him. I had him cornered. He was drunk."

"Kuan, drunk?" She asked. "Hard to believe. He can hold his alcohol."

"He was drunk that night. We were elated when Didi woke up but when you collapsed, he was sick worried. I always think Kuan has a crush on you."

"I'm like a sister to him. Was he upset I fainted?"

"Yes. He blamed himself for not being there as promised. But he's okay now. So, when are you going to spill the beans to us?" Zi Wei grinned cheekily.

Yue smiled. "I haven't spoken to Didi yet. It has to be mutual."

Zi Wei nodded. "One more thing, Yue. In case you haven't heard, Dudu-jie resigned. She is no longer our manager. And all contracts are going to be reviewed by the new management."

Yue gasped. She had left music industry for so long and did not even think about updating Dudu until now.

"But why didn't she say anything to me personally? I'm supposed to report to work next week."