Chapter 12: Bon Odori

"Shen Yue," he whispered as he leaned forward, his hand at the side of her neck

"Shen Yue," he whispered as he leaned forward, his hand at the side of her neck. He saw her closed eyes. His own heart was beating profusely. Her scent was simulating all his senses.

He wanted to put his arms around her small waist and nuzzle his face in her hair. He wanted to know how it feels to have her lips on his. Her lips always looked soft and inviting.

But he knew. He needed to wait. You deserved to be kissed in a better place, like under the moonlight in the gardens, he wanted to say.

"You dropped your hair clip. Let me help you fix it." He gently tilted her head and expertly fastened the clip on her hair, before releasing his hand on her neck. She looked up at him and blinked a few times. Didi smiled.

"Thank...thank you," she muttered.

"You wouldn't want to lose that. It's my first gift to you."

"Of course not." She cleared her throat and turned her back towards him. Didi smiled. There was no mistake that Yue had felt something for him tonight. Her body responses told him so. Even if it was only physical attraction.

"Zi Wei! Our main reason coming here is to find Shen Yue. Stop asking us to stop at every stall!" Sun Ning complained.

Her friends stopped right in front of the photo booth. Yue turned behind to Didi, putting a single finger on her lips. He nodded.

"But I really want to take a photo with you here." whined Zi Wei.

"We can come back again. Don't forget you want to help Yue to express her feelings for him," reminded Sun Ning.

"And it was your idea that we came today," Xiao Gao added, pointing his finger to a pouting Zi Wei.

"What feelings, Yue?" He whispered, grinning from ear to ear. "Do you have out-of-control feelings for me?"

"Shut up, Wang He Di!" She hissed, still feeling warm from their near-kiss encounter. She was confused at why he did not kiss her. Other boys would have taken the advantage of that moment. This boy was so infuriating. How dare he teased her like this!

"Okay, let's look for them at the main stage. We have to pretend to bump into them. Bye, bye to my Kyoto," Zi Wei said, still turning back to look at the photo booth.

After they left, the other two stepped out of the shadows. "That was close," Yue said, sighing heavily. "Where shall we go next?"

"Yue, why don't we show ourselves to our friends? Perhaps we will enjoy ourselves more."

"Are you sure? Didn't you say...?"

"I know what I said. We can't be running like refugees the whole night. That won't be fun, isn't it?"