Chapter 2: Tomodachi

The performance was over and there was a thunderous ovation throughout the club. Shen Yue thanked the audience and walked to the backstage.

"Good job everyone!" She said while giving a high five and hug to her bandmates. Zi Wei hugged her tightly. "I will miss performing with you."

Yue laughed. "Girl, I'm still going to be doing this till next month. Unless you want me to leave earlier."

Zi Wei shook her head. "No. But I will be too selfish to make you stay. It's a honour to be your keyboardist and back-up singer."

Someone shouted to them. It was Kang. "Yue!! I'm meeting my friends. Come and join us."

She nodded and gave him a thumbs-up sign. She loved how Kang would always include her in his social circle. Being the only child, she enjoyed companionship. Kang and his friends were like brothers to her.

She squeezed Zi Wei's hand. "Want to join us? It's his gang and he mentioned about his oldest friend who came back from Japan."

"No, I have to run today. He is waiting for me."

Yue smiled. "He is prolly the perfect 24/7 boyfriend I know of so far. Where can I get a Sun Ning?"

Zi Wei laughed, but her face was a tinge of red. "You have never seen his bad side, okay? Oh, Yue, about tomorrow..."

Yue squeezed her arm. "I know. Don't worry, Li Zhen will be my back up. All the single ladies, all the single ladies!!" She started singing, and Zi Wei joined in.

They exited from the backstage and out to the front. She saw Kang and his friends on the other side of the room. But, reaching it was harder than she thought. She was stopped by almost every table in the cafe. 

"Yue! You were amazing!"
"I love your look tonight!"
"Are you releasing an album soon? I will surely buy it."

With that, she chuckled and joked "Buy more and give to your friends!"

A tall man stood up and took her hands. She was surprised and tried to pull away but he tightened his grip. From a distance, Zi Wei gave her an "okay" sign and a wink, which prompted her to shoot her a murderous glare.

"Yue, let me buy you a drink tonight. You were fantastic." the man said, with a lopsided smile.

She raised her eyebrow and touched the tip of his collar. This man is too bloody tall.

"Mr Hu, you know I can't drink that much. Are you trying to make me drunk so you can send me home?"

The man looked startled and stammered. "No...no...That was not my intention. I just want to chat with you."

She gently put his hand on his arm and moved it away. "I believe we have just chatted. Have a good night, Mr Hu. The next drink is on me."

She put her fingers between her lips and whistled towards the bartender who nodded as she gestured to him. She smiled and turned away, waving her hair.

The night was still young and that was only the beginning. Since she started singing and performing about one year ago, she had suitors coming to watch her and wanting to chat or get a date with her. While she appreciated their support, she was apprehensive with the attention she garnered.

Once in a while, she would meet some good guys whom she dated, but none had made her heart fluttered again.

At least, none ever came as close as the stranger she met after Jackson. It seemed not too long ago but memories of him stayed fresh in her mind.