Chapter 32: Aitai

"Can you stand the sight of this girl?" Zi Wei complained, starring at the phone screen

"Can you stand the sight of this girl?" Zi Wei complained, starring at the phone screen. Jia Qi was next to her doing the same. "Someone is glowing. I can't even see the screen!" she teased.

"Stop it, you two. I didn't call so you can make fun of me," Yue said, rolling her eyes.

It had been a week since Didi left to Osaka and Yue was getting restless. Sensei hired a new helper so Yue was relieved from kitchen duties.

But going around Kyoto alone was meaningless to her. It used to be fun on her own and now, she feared that she would never be able to travel alone anymore. She needed him.

The girls laughed. "We know you missed him. When is he coming back?"

"Tonight," she answered, watching people passed by the cafe she was having coffee at. "I called to ask how are things in Suzhou. Did you help me to check on Nai Nai?"

Zi Wei nodded. "Yes, I brought her food the other day. She is keeping herself busy with a new hobby. Making Western crochet."

Yue cackled with laughter. "Wow, that is the first! Must be introduced by my former neighbour. Remember she used to stay next to me when I was in high school? I owed her for my English grades."

"Oh, you mean Inga! Nice lady. Are you still in contact with her?"

"Yes, of course. Jia Qi—" she squinted at the screen to see her friend. "Is there any news about Jackson's case? Did Xi Ze tell you anything?"

Jia Qi shook her head. "Nothing so far. Yue, don't put such high hopes." Her friend nodded as Jia continued, "I have never seen you so happy and glowing, Yue. Vitamin Didi must be so good for you."

Yue could not help blushing, at the mention of his name. Ever since they were reunited, she was super sensitive when it came to him. His name, his scent, his touch, his presence.

He called her everyday, first thing in the morning, and before bedtime. He told her that as his "digital pet monster", it's a routine to "show love" by checking in. Yue began to think if he was too obsessed with this Tamogotchi thing. But she enjoyed the attention.

"Cut it out, Jia. Don't give him so much credit. His ego is still huge, you know," she responded lightly.

"Yes, that is the old friend I know. Anyways, don't worry about Jackson's case. Xi Ze knows what to do. He is on it whenever he can." Jia Qi assured her.

"Minatoya is doing very well since Didi's company took over. I'm so busy training new staff that I don't have enough time for my boyfriend! Please ask your boyfriend to give me time out! Maybe send me a free flight ticket to Kyoto."

Yue held her hands up, "This is beyond me. Hey, why don't you girls fly over to visit me? I still have a few weeks here."

Zi Wei stuck her tongue out. "Please. Who wants to be third wheeler? Besides, we are busy with the concert preps. Yue, come home soon please. Dudu-jie is driving everyone crazy. She wants everything to be perfect for your first concert."