Chapter 36: Shōjiki

He reached out his hand to the side of his bed but it was empty

He reached out his hand to the side of his bed but it was empty. He blinked and opened his eyes. The sunrays had sneaked into his room.

All at once, he remembered what happened last night. His ears went red.

Never had he imagined they spent a passionate night of love-making that was out of the world. But it was her confession to him that stirred the innermost of his heart.

He sat on the bed and wondered where Yue might be. The sky was so blue, the white clouds drifting by and he could hear the waves rolling in. Then, he saw her.

She was sitting in one of the porch chairs in her yukata, appearing to be in deep thoughts watching the sea. He rose and took quiet steps towards her. His hand went around her shoulders and hugged her, his lips landing on the top of her head.

She looked up and smiled. Her disheveled hair and bright eyes made his heart fluttered. She looked beautiful in the morning.

"Ohayo," she said. "Did you sleep well?"

"I had the best sleep last night. In your arms." He grinned. She chuckled softly. He could never get tired of her laugh or smile. He kneeled down in front of her and took her hands placing them on his face.

"For a moment, I thought you were gone. The bed was empty. I thought I had dreamed it all. But then I saw these...." he trailed off, his eyes were directed to his arms and shoulders. Yue blushed.

"Only a violent and wild girl would have left these on a gentleman like me." He continued, grinning mischievously.

She squeezed his face, making his lips pouted like a fish. "Then, I'm sure you wouldn't mind this." She leaned forward and sucked on his lips, biting him, causing him to yell in pain and his bottom hit the floor.

"Shen Yue!! That hurts!" he said, touching his lip. "What if it gets swollen?"

She laughed. Coming down to her knees, she neared her face towards his and left a few soft feathery kisses on his lip, before licking them. "There...I have treated it. I'm sorry Didi. I could not resist," she said as she wrapped her arms around him and nestled her face on his shoulder.

Having him near her, she felt her emotions rising to the top. She had never felt so much for anyone but him.

His arms tightened around her. "I'm not complaining. More marks means more...Hmm...." A smack landed on his back. He laughed.

Suddenly, there was a loud rumble. They pulled apart and looked at each other "That's yours!"

Laughing, he pulled her up and held her close before saying, "Let's have brunch. Then, we can onsen again." He said raising his eyebrow, checking her response.