Dobby the house-elf's warning [1]

Începe de la început

"Bad Dobby!"

"Dobby, shh!" Harry begged.

"Baaad Dobby!"

"Dobby, please stop!" I and my cousin keep trying to calm the elf down.

"Stop! Stop, Dobby. Please be quiet!" I beg even harder pulling him away from the closet.

"Are you all right?" I ask.

"Dobby had to punish himself, miss. Dobby almost spoke ill of his family, miss." He told me his stumbling around the room.

"Your family?" Harry questioned.

Dobby nods.

"The wizard family Dobby serves, sir. Dobby is bound to serve one family forever. If they ever knew Dobby was here...ooh..." Dobby shutters.

Is Dobby a slave?

"But Dobby had to come. Dobby and his, nice, mistress has to protect Harry Potter and Melody Dursley—warn him and tell Melody Dursley that she must stop Harry Potter from back to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry this year! There is a plot, a plot to make the most terrible things happen. To protect both of them!"

Plotting? What could possibly happen? It couldn't have been worse than what happened last year.

"What terrible things? Who's plotting them?" I speak up.

"Ooo... er... can't... say... argh..." The elf replies looking like he's in pain or afraid.

"Ok– we- understand. You can't- say." Harry tells him.

"Don't make me talk, I— Errr..." Dobby begins to catch his head looking around the room before spotting the lamp beside Harry's bed.

"Dobby! Dobby put the lamp down."

"Bad Dobby." He yells.

"Give me the lamp! Dobby stop!" Harry and I try ripping the lamp out of his boney hands.

"Let me go!" Dobby screams at both of us putting up a pretty good fight for his tiny figure.

The sound of heavy foot stumps against the stairwell up to our room Harry and I look at each other.

"Vernon!" I whisper to Harry. I turn to leave to hold the door closed as Harry finally rips the lamp out of Dobby's fingers. He carries a small elf shoving him into the closet.

"Get in there, and keep quiet!" Vernon bursts into the room I was barely able to avoid getting hit with the door.

"What are you two doing up here?"

"I- I was just—" Harry stutters as the closet door keeps opening and he hast to shut it.

"Cramps!" I told Vernon, "I got cramps and I accidentally fell." He clearly getting uncomfortable clears his throat.

"You just ruined the punch line of my Japanese golfer joke!"

"Sorry." We tell him.

"One more sound, and you'll wish you'd never been born, boy! And fix that door!" Vernon looks at me once again before shaking his head leaving the room.

"Cramps?" My cousin questions me.

"Well jokes on him I haven't even started!" Shaking his head Harry opens the cupboard door.

"See why we've got to go back? We don't belong here. We belong in your world, at Hogwarts. It's the only place we're got, friends!" Harry explains to the house-elf.

"Friends who don't even write to Harry Potter and Melody Dursley?" Dobby retorts quickly.

"Well, I expect they've... been- hang on-" Harry trails off. "How do you know our friends haven't been writing to us?" I ask with clear suspicion of my voice.

How the bloody hell did he know that we weren't getting letters.

"Harry Potter and Melody mustn't be angry with Dobby. Heh-" Guilt flashes across his face before he pulls out a huge stack of letters seamlessly out of nowhere. "Dobby hoped, if Harry Potter and Melody Dursley thought his friends had forgotten him, they might not want to go back to school, sir and miss."

"Give us those, now!" Harry says degraded teeth as I cover my mouth in disbelief.

"No! Ahh! Ooh..." Dobby shouts as he puts the letters back from where they came from. He jumps around the room as he invades Harry and me from catching him. After doing this for less than a minute he goes under my legs making me fall on top of my cousin as he runs out the door.

Sh*t!

He bolts out of our room and without even thinking her and I immediately ran downstairs to catch him.

"Dobby, get back here!"

Following him down the stairs we found him in the kitchen...next Petunias cake.

"We're so dead," I whisper as Dobby snaps causing the cake to float.

"Dobby, please, no!" Harry hisses.

"Harry Potter and Melody Dursley must say there not going back to school!"

I give him the best pleading eyes I could, "We can't. Hogwarts is our home!"

"Then, Dobby must do it, sir and miss, for their own good." Looking completely defeated Dobby snaps his fingers, with the smallest smirk covering his face.

In the living room Vernon was finishing his joke Harry and I rush behind the floating cake arms stretched out to hopefully catch the cake.

"It spread as far as the eye could see, all over the floor of this vast building, and it was this deep. And one plumber said, "Look at all that water." A-and the second plumber said, "Yes, and that's just the top of it!"

Finally, the rest of my family notices, and all their faces drop. Vernon, Petunia, and Dudley froze completely as a sound of a single snap fills the air.

Like if it was in slow motion I saw the cake drop against Vernon and Petunias guests.

"I don't think he's getting a promotion anymore Harry." My voice cut through the silence.

Vernon in complete horror starts apologizing. "I'm so sorry! It's my nephew and daughter-niece- they're very disturbed. Meeting strangers upsets them. That's why I kept the two upstairs." He lies.

Ouch, I've been downgraded to niece.

Glancing over my shoulder I saw Dobby disappear. The Masons run out of the house as Petunia tries to coax them back in.

"We have ice cream!" Her feeble attempts to go unheard.

As the Masons make their way back to their car as an owl sweeps in from the open window doors from the dining area. The owl drops the letter at Vernon's feet. He picks up the letter, after reading it a massive maniacal grin plasters his face. Handing Harry and I the letters he tells us to speak it out loud.

'Dear Harry Potter & Melody Dursley,
We have received intelligence that a Hover Charm was used at your place of residence at twelve past seven this evening. As you know, underage wizards...'

My eyes widen in fear.

"...are not permitted to perform spells outside of school." Vernon finishes off, "You didn't tell me that you weren't allowed to use magic at home." He smirks evilly at us.

"Slipped your mind, didn't it."

We're in so much trouble.

♡♡♡

———————————
——————-
———-

-

Don't forget to wash your hands!

Hopefully you like the next part of this book.

Happy fourth of July for my American readers!

(i'm American too)

___