▪︎[LAST CHAPTER]▪︎

"Luna, we should get you inside." I hear Lily say and nod my head.

Xander's hands around my neck tightens at that and i hold him closer to my body while he's sobbing in my embrace, reassuring him that i wont let go of him without using actual words.

Jackson steps closer to us and bends down to take Xander but i put my hand up to make him stop. I don't want to let this kid go when he's in a vulnerable state like this and when i know that I'm the only one he truly trusts.

Kissing his temple, i lower my hands and pick him up, whispering soft words into his ear, "we'll just have to get inside." I say, "Im not letting anyone hurt you."

I move on towards the sofa once im in the house and sit down on it, i try to cup Xander's face and pull him away so i can see him but he sobs again and holds me tighter. Pulling my hands away, i get another glimpse of my hands which are covered in blood and look around the house, Lily is standing by the door and Jackson is commanding some people outside.

"Lily, i think Xander is injured. Could you call a doctor to come over?" I ask her nicely and she nods her head, turning around to do as i asked.

"The pack doctor is on his way." Jackson says and enters the house, gesturing for Lily to stay.

I guess i can understand why he is Nate's betta now and why he actually needs one.

Nate.. i hope he's okay.. i also hope that Romeo and Lexi are unharmed too, but something tells me that its not possible.

Lily walks near us, me and Xander, and stands a few feet away from us. "Poor kid must have been terrified. " Lily says and it is now that i notice that Xander is fast sleep in my arms, "I dont even know how it is possible for a kid his age to shift.." she continues and i furrow my eyebrows at her.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"We normally shift at the age of seventeen and some shift even later than that.." she explains and worry is evident in her demeanor.

"Is it bad?" I ask again. My mind is blowing up with possibilities and i feel worried sick for this kid.

"I dont think so." She says, "It might get some unwanted attention towards him though. " and by her expression, i already know that its the bad kind of attention. No one has to know..

"Tell every single person that knows of this that they are not to speak to anyone about this. There would be severe consequences if they do so." I tell her strongly and her eyes widen at my tone, but she nods nonetheless and runs out of the house to do as i said.

I look around and see Jackson looking at me with a proud smile plastered on his face but before i could comment on it, someone comes inside the livingroom. The pack doctor.

"Luna." He says and moves to get closer to me and Xander. I try to push Xander away so he could take a better look at his injuries but Xander wakes up and starts crying again. Not letting me push him away.

"Its okay Xander." I whisper in his ear and run my hand on his bare back, "Youre hurt, he's just going to take a look at your injuries." I tell him but he shakes his head.

"Don't leave me alone." He whimpers making my heart ache.

"I won't. " i say to him and kiss his shoulder. I look at the doctor and he nods his head, coming closer to us and sits on his knees next to me to inspect Xander's side.

Xander whimpers again when the doctor touches his side and jumps away from him, still in my arms.

"Im right here, Xander. I won't let anyone hurt you." I tell him and he relaxes.