[CHAPTER TWENTYFIVE]

Ryder's smile faltered when he looked at me. "Whats wrong?" He asked, clearly worried that something might have happened.

Staring at him, i huffed and smiled at him, "We didn't use protection.." i whispered and his face morphed into one of confusion.

"So what?!" He asked nonchalantly making me roll my eyes at him, but also feel a little guilty about the situation.

"Do you want kids?" I asked, trying to reach the topic with a different approach.

"Of course i do. I'm an alpha, Lizzie. " he replied like I've asked him the most ridiculous question ever.

My heart skipped a beat at his answer and i fell into silence.

Furrowing his eyebrows, Ryder watched the expression on my face and exhaled deeply, "Do you not want to have pups?" He carefully asked. I could see that he's afraid of my answer and to be honest, i was too..

I shook my head and looked at his neck. Those two dots that i noticed yesterday morning were almost twice the size they were before and gained my attention to themselves. I frowned at the sight and looked back at Ryder to tell him that he should take a look at them too but looking at his hurt eyes, i decided to let it slip for a while and pulled my hands up to cup his face, "I just always thought that i would be adopting a kid that needs my love and affection, along with the other things that i would be able to provide for my own baby, but without bringing someone else to this cruel world.." i finally let it out and looking at him silently staring at me and listening carefully to what i had to say, i continued, "I just dont think its fair to be this selfish and bring another human into this mess, when there are plenty of kids out there needing and wishing for the exact same things.." i explained with sadness plastered on my face, wanting him to understand.

"But Liz, i need an heir to replace me in the future and its not like we can adopt anyone from anywhere,
It needs to be my kid to have my alpha genes in him or maybe her.." Ryder trailed off and surprised me with how calm he explained it to me.

Alpha genes.. well, SHIT!

Taking some deep breaths, i closed my eyes trying to get it together and think about it more, i had no idea that there would be something called alpha genes and heck, i didn't even know he needs an HEIR!!

Feeling my hands move closer to my face, along with his head, Ryder put his forehead on mine and started brushing the hair on my temple.

A smile made its way on my face and i opened my eyes to find his staring right at mine.

"I need some time to think about it. I never thought about having kids of my own to be honest and it's not something that i can just jump right into." I whispered and he smiled at me, still keeping his forehead on mine.

Nodding his head slightly, he took a deep breath and said, "Take all the time you want, my love. " and came down to peck me on my lips, "Im sorry for making everything this hard for you.." he whispered while his lips were moving against mine, i could see and also feel that he felt extremely guilty about it all but there's no way out of it for him too, i guess.. , "I love you." He whispered again, making me smile sadly and kiss him lightly on the lips.

"So what do we do about tonight?" He asked while moving back to look me dead in the eyes.

My smile widened with the reminder of earlier and raised one of my eyebrows, "Well, you need to tell your pack doctor to bring some morning pills for me to take tomorrow. Well, the one's that work for werewolve sperms i guess!" I said and chuckled slightly, while he just smiled at me and nodded his head.

"HOLY SHIT!!! Ryder, what would our baby become????" I asked all of a sudden with my eyes wide open.

"What do you mean?!" Ryder asked, quite amused by my expression.