[CHAPTER TWENTY]

After taking a shower and thinking about what just happened, i came out of the bathroom, only to find Nate sitting on the bed, with his elbows on his laps while moving his right leg rapidly up and down making his body to look like hes shaking.

Wow, he looks terrible and so stressed that he didn't even notice me in the room.

Moving towards him, he finally recognized my presence and moved to sit up straight.

"Liz, I'm-"

"We can talk about it later. " i said, interrupting him while putting my hands on his tensed shoulders.

"But he's getting out of contr-"

"I know Nate. Lets just get ready and then we'll talk about it, okay?" I said with a smile and didn't wait for him to say anything else, instead, moving to the closet to wear something presentable.

"Just.. dont do that again.." i said in a low tone and didn't look back.

Taking a white satin tank top which had a lacey layer on top of it with my ripped black jeans, tucking the top in my jeans and matching my look with a pair of black boots.

.•*•.

Moving to the table while holding each other's hands, i was suddenly locked in the middle of two small arms wrapped around my thighs, making me stop and look down.

Xander.

"Your wolf is awake!!" He cheered and took a couple of steps back to look at me.

I looked back at Nate quizzically and he just shrugged his shoulders. Hes still tensed and looks perplexed.

"Mommy, Daddy, auntie's wolf is ALIVE!!" Xander shouted and jumped on his dad's lap while we were taking our seats.

"That's not possibl-" Lexi started to say but then stopped and took a deep breath. Her eyes widened and her lips formed the biggest smile ive ever seen, "You're marked!!" She squeaked and lounged herself on me to hug me.

I smiled and hugged her back awkwardly but pulled back once i heard the sound of a glass shattering infront of me.

"Send a waitress to our table and get out of my sight before i get your eyeballs out of your fucking head. " Nate said with black eyes, Ryder.. what the hell is going on?!

"Y-yes, sir. L-let me help yo-" the waiter standing next to us gained my attention, he was shaking violently and went to take the shattered glasses away but Ryder held his wrist with the same bloodied hand and growled at him, "I SAID GO." Ryder yelled in his face, making him jump away from our table with shakey legs.

"Ryder you're bleeding. "I said and reached out to touch his injured hand but he stopped me from touching him and growled in my face, making me frown at him.

"It'll heal." He said without any trace of emotion in his words and moved my hand away from his.

"There might be some pieces-" i started to say but he growled again and smote his bruised hand on the table right were the glasses were, making his hand bleed harder and some glasses to insert his hand, "I SAID IT'LL HEAL." He repeated, making me jump and feel dizzy with the sight of his hand.

Ive had enough of his crap today, "AND I WAS SAYING THAT YOU NEED TO TAKE THOSE DAMN PIECES OUT FIRST. SO SUCK IT UP AND LET ME SEE YOUR FUCKING HAND." I said through clenched teeth, every word that came out of my mouth was dripping with annoyance and anger.

He looked at me surprised and loosened his hold on my wrist. I took his bloodied hand in mine and took a look at the deep gashes in his hand. They were healing already but the ones that had glass stuck in them were still open.