[CHAPTER TWENTYSIX]

We were in the closet now, Nate with his boxers on and me with my underwear. He still steals some looks towards my bruises every now and then and i just brush it off, not wanting to comment on it.

"I need to talk to that rouge today. I dont think i can stop myself from beheading her, can you come along?" Nate broke the silence all of a sudden, making my heart beat faster at his comment and a flash of his red eyes passed through my vision.

Shaking off what i just recalled, i concentrated on Nate. He looked hurt, he must have known what crossed my mind.

Changing the subject, i smiled halfheartedly at him, "You mean Lily? Why do you have to talk to her?" I asked.

He sighed and looked through his drawer to take something out, "She steps a foot in our territory and the day after that, we suddenly get twenty damn rouges pass our perimeter with ease. Not to mention the fact that they seemed like they knew exactly where to go." He said while growling, "They seemed like they knew where we are, where you are to be exact and if i was only seconds late, god knows what could have happened. " he continued and his growls were stronger and louder by now.

"So you think she's helped them somehow?" I ask and he nods his head.
"I dont think she has anything to do with it.
At least I dont think she has given them any information. It must be something more complicating than that." I continued and whispered the last part more to myself.

"She's a filthy rouge, she doesn't know anything about loyalty." Nate strongly stated, making me scowl.

"Nate?" I murmured, sighing deeply. His head shot to my side and looked at me, "What was it?" I said in a low voice, he furrowed his eyebrows and i lowered my head to the ground, "Your eyes, they- they looked odd." I whispered, tears disturbing my sight already and i could feel my heart beating in my ears.

I could hear him getting closer to me, each step making me feel safer than before but scaring me at the same time.

When he stepped infront of me, a tear scaped my eyes and fell on the ground, i couldn't stop them even if i wanted to. Putting his hand on my chin, he pulled my face higher to look him in the eyes and i slowly did it.

"I'm sorry for scaring you like that." Nate whispered to me but it wasn't enough, i need to know.

"Tell me why it happened, Nate. It wasn't you, i could see that, those red eyes, they- they looked -" i stopped myself right there, not knowing how to describe them without hurting him.

"Evil." Nate completed my sentence and i just kept looking at him, not wanting to either shake or nod my head in response. "I went into a rampage, Liz. All i wanted was blood- their blood, and i wouldn't have stopped until then."

My eyes widened at what he said and started stuttering, "W-What does th- that even mean?!" I managed to get it out and could not avert my eyes to elsewhere, somewhere away from his gloomy eyes.

"It happens when we feel something to an extreme extent. For me, i got so scared of losing you and so mad at the fact that those fucking mutts even dared to step a foot near you, that i lost it.." he said and i took some time to take it in.

"Does it happen often?" I finally managed to ask the question i was most dreading to know the answer of.

"No," He whispered, making me relax a bit, but then continued, "it happens only once and thats it. It basically kills you and from then on, you become even more than a monster. You become a killing machine as you say it."

"But- but how can yo-"

"Because of you, my dear." He cut me off making me more confused.

"What did i do?" I asked.