Chapter 29: Companion

Start from the beginning

Ahhhhh I don't know!!!!

We played with the kids, had dinner and headed back home. Jin was staying over so he didn't have to come and pick us up again tomorrow morning.

At home, we all sat in the living room. Uncle was watching tv and both me and Jin were on our phones.

But Jun Ki's issue was bothering me so I went up to the tv and turned it off.

Uncle was glaring at me. Jin also slowly looked up from his phone.

"Uncle we need to talk!" I said.

"Can it wait. Sheila is going to cheat on that sweet pumpkin now!!!" he said now pleading.

"No, Uncle it is very important" I said firmly. Uncle nodded. Jin also sat up listening in.

"Fine go ahead" Uncle replied.

"Uncle you mean the world to me. Do you know that?" I said. He nodded in response.

"And I want you to be happy. So can we adopt Jun Ki" I said. I didn't like beating around the bush. hehehe😅

"Y/N is this for your happiness or my happiness cause raising a child is not a easy job" he replied.

"I've been thinking about it all through the car trip and I think it will be good for you and Jun Ki.

Jun Ki needs a loving parent who can give him all attention and you need someone to give your attention too" I said. Uncle still looked unconvinced.

"Comeon, you love kids. Also that kid has been through a lot and I don't want him to get hurt even more" I said taking a seat beside Uncle. Jin got up from the floor and made his way to his room as if he was intruding.

"Adopting a child is a huge responsibility and decision" Uncle said now hugging me. I just nodded unable to say anything as I was slightly affected to see Jun Ki the way he is.

"I know how much you love the kid. I do too. But this concerns his future. I don't want to destroy his future with one rash decision" he said

"You'll be giving him a future" I said now hugging Uncle tightly as tears fall from my eyes.

"He didn't do anything wrong to deserve such treatment. I just don't know how to help him" I said.

"We'll continue this conversation tomorrow honey. Its getting late and its time for you to go to bed" he said. I nodded and released myself from him and made my way to my room.

The next day, I woke up got dressed and messaged Mandy to tell her that I was coming back latee in the night.

Then I headed for the breakfast. Uncle and Jin were already down and they were having a conversation.

"Morning" I said happy still thinking events of yesterday. Both of them replied. I sat next to Jin facing Uncle and started eating. Today breakfast was a burger but it looked healthy. I got a bite and immediately I knew it was made by Jin.

"Thanks for brekky Jin" I said stuffing my face and smiling.

"Dear don't shallow and chew your food" Uncle said, handing me milo to drink. I nodded my head and continue enjoying my food.

"Y/N, I have some things to do so I'll meet Jin and you at the orphanage. I told Jin already and he doesn't mind" Uncle said.

"I don't mind too. Just stay safe Uncle" I said worried that he needed time.

"Okies then. You'll better start leaving if not the children will be disappointed" Uncle said.

We made our way to the orphanage.