Chapter Nine: Confrontation

Mikasa's PoV

We arrived back at school and we all walked slowly back to our dorm. None of us spoke. We were all trying to get our heads around the poster. I don't like to think it's Y/N but what if it is? We all trust her. She trusts us right? She said she trusted me last night. I just cannot understand it.  The only way to understand is to ask her.

I opened the door. There she was sat on the sofa with Jean and Marco next to her being all lovey, just like we had expected them to be.

"Hey. How was town?" She asked. "About that... we need to talk to you about it." Armin said. "Oh okay... come sit." she said. "No in private Y/N." Eren said. "Okay lets go to our room then?" She suggested, looking at me. "Yeah" I said.

We all walked into the spare room and Eren closed the door. "What's wrong? Did something bad happen?" she questioned.

Your Pov

'They're acting really strange. I wonder what happened. They were find when they left this morning." I thought. 

"We need to ask you something." Mikasa said. "Alright what is it?" I replied. "Have you ever stole anything?" Mikasa asked.

I was totally and utterly shocked. I couldn't move, only replay that question in my head. I mean I had but what made them ask me that? I mentioned yesterday that I had stolen before but  I was young and only did it once. Why are they acting like what I did was terrible?

"Y/N! We need you're answer!" Eren said raising his voice slightly.

I couldn't find the words Mikasa's question had thrown me aback. My mouth became dry and I was speechless. Then I saw Mikasa reach into her bag. A piece of paper was in her hand. I tilted my head in both confusion and intrigue, gently reaching out and grabbing the poster. I read it closely, my eyes widening. "I'm wanted?!" The only words I could get out. It was hard to believe. The man I took the food from ended up not minding, so why was it such a big problem?

"We found this in Rose city. We went to a shop there." Armin started, rubbing his neck nervously. I looked at the three of them and sighed softly, I may as well tell them the whole story.  "Yes I have stolen before, I mentioned it yesterday. I was young, hungry and desperate. I only ever did it once. I thought I was going to die... So I stole a small loaf of bread to eat. I was just trying to survive but I felt bad, I knew how hard the baker worked. So, the next day I turned myself in and told him what I had done. I promised that I would work for him to pay back for the bread I had stolen. He didn't take me up on it though, turns out he wasn't mad at me. He was grateful that I had even admitted what I had done. From then I never stole, the baker always brought me some food and water." I explained and let out a soft sigh. 

I looked back at the three of them and saw them, smiling? "How come you're wanted then? If the situation was resolved?" Armin asked. I rubbed my neck and thought for a moment before my eyes widened. "There's a Lord in Rose City... rich arrogant guy. The same day I stole the bread, someone had robbed his house. He convinced himself that I could be the only culprit. The robber had stolen a lot of gold and jewels. He must have still not let go of his tunnel vision on me. He must be using his influence to target me. He probably assumes I still live there." I spoke before panicking for a moment, "I swear it wasn't me that stole from him though!", "We know. You're not like that." Mikasa spoke, making relief flood through my body.

"Maybe you should tell Professor Ackerman? Just in case this all blows out of proportion. He could probably help in some way." Armin suggested. "Don't worry about it Armin, I will be fine." I reassured him. "Only if your sure." Mikasa said, making me nod. 

"Enough of that though, what did you buy?" I asked curiously, "actually we bought something for you too!" Mikasa spoke, showing me the shirt and shoes, making me smile brightly. "Thank you!" I grinned, making the three laugh. We all sat down and spoke about what they did in town. 

'I suppose Aunt Rosalie was right, maybe I have found the people I belong with.' I thought. 

edited