Chapter Five: Trusting

Your PoV

"Why don't you like the top bunk?"

The answers to that question was stuck in my throat. A lump started to form. I haven't told anyone what happened to me. How can I start now?

"Y/N? Are you okay?" Mikasa said. "What? Oh... yeah, I'm Fine." I answered. "So why don't you like top bunk?" She asked. 

The lump in my throat grew even more. I tried answering in my head but no words came out. I don't know what to say...

"Y/N? Do you trust me?" Mikasa questioned. "I suppose but we did just meet..." I replied shrugging my shoulders. "Y/N! I know we just met but with what happened when we were introducing ourselves didn't you feel some sort of connection between us. Like there's something binding us together?" She asked and smiled softly, "you and me are similar Y/N. We both have no parents. I bet most of the time you feel alone and lost. Almost like..." "No one understands you..." We both gasp and smile at each other.  We both finished the sentence. I know how she feels and she knows how I feel.

"You know Mikasa, I often felt when I was younger that the only way to be noticed was to be bad. I stole food, people called me names said I was a 'mistake to this world.' That made me feel alone, lost and I felt like no one understood me."

Mikasa's PoV

Did she just say that?! She understands me so much! I felt like that when my parents were murdered. People called me a mistake to the world. I think- no I know I can trust this person.

"I felt like that Y/N. When my parents were murdered people treated me different. Like a nothing. It was only the Jaeger's that provided me with support. Now I understand that you know how it feels. I trust you Y/N, do you trust me?"

End of Mikasa's PoV

I thought for a second before nodding. "Yes Mikasa. I trust you. I trusted you when you introduced yourself. I finally felt like someone understood how I felt." She looked shocked but that shocked face soon turned into a soft smile.

I know I can trust her. I know that I can answer her question now.

"I fell off a cliff once, I was forced over a cliff by a group of men. They tied me up and threw me off the cliff. I fell into the water... I thought I was going to die. That's why I don't like top bunks. They scare me because I keep thinking someone is going to throw me off it. It reminds me too much about that one time."

Her smile grew smaller. She had sorrow in her eyes. "That's awful, but I'm glad you told me this. I now know that you trust me." She slowly said.

I think me and Mikasa will be good friends. We have shared feelings with each other... I'm glad we have talked and trust each other. I'm actually glad I came here now!

edited