Chapter Three: First class

3rd person's PoV

"Right. Welcome to your first class. This is French and if you're not in here for french, you'll be here for your tutor group session." Professor Ackerman spoke, earning groans from across the classroom. Professor Ackerman rolled his eyes and looked across the classroom. "Stop complaining. You can't change the way the whole system works. So suck it up and shut your mouths." He spoke and crossed his arms, sighing softly. "You get to pick where you sit but as you've likely noticed, the desks are separated and it will stay that way."

 With that all of the students made their ways further into the room, taking seats quickly. You walked over to the empty desks with Eren and Armin, sitting down together so that you were close enough. That's when Eren leaned over to you, "apparently I heard all the classes have tables in groups. All but this one." He spoke, making your eyes widen for a second before you sat back in the chair, sighing quietly.

"There are many rules in this classroom and I expect every single one of you to follow them. I don't have time to deal with your shitty teenage moods so leave them in your bed. You will all have at least three hours in here every week, depending on schedules. They change weekly, so stay caught up and don't be late. I will not excuse tardiness." Professor Ackerman spoke, slowly pacing at the front of the room. "I'm your personal supervisor, so anything you need help with, sadly, you have to come to me. So listen to this very closely... stick to the rules and we won't have any problems. I don't have time for any troublemakers." He stated, deliberately eyeing you and Eren. "You two... you both come with the reputation of being pains in the ass." He stated.

Eren looked at you with a light smirk, winking at you. You let out a quiet laugh and just a second later there was a long ruler hitting the desk in front of me. "What the hell?!" You asked, looking at Mr Ackerman with a slight glare as he just stared back emotionlessly, "Stop being proud of being pains in the ass. If  you keep that attitude and become pains in my ass, I will make sure you don't even last another second here. Keep that in mind." 

You scoffed and rolled your eyes. "You're just like every other person in this shitty capital. It wasn't my fault I had to steal food to survive. Any other person would do the same and if they say otherwise, they are lying." You spoke and looked away as everyone gasped, not expecting you to talk back. Professor Ackerman raised an eyebrow and hummed quietly. "Attitude L/N. Watch it. There's only so far I can be lenient with you. So, don't push your luck." He spoke before going on to explain all the rules. 

~Time skip- after introduction~

"Well that was boring!" Eren spoke as the class were heading towards the new dorm you would all be staying in during term time. "I know right! I didn't know there could be so many rules for just one classroom." You replied. Armin let out a soft chuckle before opening the door to a house. "This is our dorm" he spoke. "Professor Ackerman said when we are not in class we have to be here. Even free period when we are meant to have our own time and go anywhere. If we want to go out, we have to sign at the front desk." He explained as a groan spread through the small group of students. 'Is this really even a school? It seems more like a prison'

edited