Chapter Fourteen: Annie

Mikasa's PoV

We must have been searching through the books for a few hours at least and none of them were matching the handwriting from the note. In fact, we hadn't even stopped to ask Ackerman why he had so many books with seemingly every students work. He was only a French teacher. 

"This is an absolute waste of time! We're never going to find any matching handwriting in this!" Eren spoke up, clearly becoming irritated with how long this was taking. I couldn't help but agree with him. What was the point in all of this? 

"Listen, whoever took Y/N clearly knows her and the only real people that could have properly met her are at this place. For some reason it seemed that the kidnapper had a reason for taking Y/N. If it was for revenge then what for? We can't find out where she is until we have some sort of lead and the only lead we have is that note. So, keep looking. And keep in mind that she's recently been beaten up. That is not a coincidence." Mr Ackerman spoke, not looking up from his pile of books as he continued searching. 

That's when I paused. Annie had been one of the people who beat up Y/N. If that really wasn't a coincidence then maybe Annie was our way to find Y/N.

Without a second thought, I started searching through all of the books, praying I found Annie's name. 

"Mikasa what are you looking for?" I heard Armin ask. "You'll see." Was my simple response. 

It was then a saw it. The book with Annie's handwriting inside. I grabbed it and rushed back to the table, grabbing the note and placing it next to Annie's writing. 

A perfect match. 

"This is it..." I whispered, causing the three men in the room to look at me. I held up the book and the note side by side to show the three and nodded slowly. "This is the handwriting. That note was written by Annie Leonhart."

We are coming for you Annie. I just hope you're ready.

edited