Chapter Seven: Horseface and Marco

Your PoV

After the inspection this morning I decided I was going to stay in the dorm all day, seeing as it was Saturday. Mikasa went with Eren and Armin to town and Connie and Sasha went food shopping. So I'm stuck in the dorm with Marco and Horseface (Jean official new nickname for the rest of time).  Marco is not that bad, in fact he is pretty calm and cool. It's just Jean who has a thing for Marco. I could tell the second I saw them together. Everyone could tell but, of course, Marco.

So pretty much I was sat with a cup of coffee in my hand, hair up, jeans, favourite blue flannel shirt, all comfy watching cartoons. I had said said goodbye to Mikasa, Eren, Armin, Connie and Sasha. Then bam Horseface appears.

At first he grabbed a can of soda from the fridge and sat on the chair closest to me. "Hey Y/N." Jean said. "Oh hey Jean, what's up?" I asked him. "Nothing much really, Jaeger told me I couldn't follow him to town, so I have nothing to do."

Jean's answer made me chuckle. Classic Eren. A good job really too, if Jean had gone, you could guarantee all they would do is squabble. They seemed to be the two that were most likely to argue. 

Then Marco walked into the room. "Hey Marco." I said. "Hi Y/N! Beautiful day isn't it?" Marco replied. "It is now." Jean whispered, just enough for Marco to look at him. "Oh hello Jean Beautiful day right?"

The way Jean was looking at Marco made me want to be sick but it was kind of sweet. Part of me hoped that they would get together. They seemed like a good fit for one another. 

Marco grabbed a cup of coffee from the jug I had made earlier and sat at the opposite side of the sofa from me. It took a moment but I quickly caught on to what would happen next. Jean stood up and sat in between us, just as I suspected he would. 

I ignored what was going on with them and kept watching cartoons. I could tell that Jean was staring at Marco and Marco was watching cartoons. I didn't even have to look I could just tell. Yes Jean is very predictable.

This carried on all afternoon until everyone arrived back, where Jean made sure to back away from Marco to avoid any teasing from anyone, Eren mainly. 

edited