''Let's just say he owes me one.'' Magnus said and her eyes went to the dagger that he'd kept on the table, the one with which his mother had taken her life '' Is it because of what happened with your mother?'' ''That...and for everything else in the years that followed.'' a distant look appeared in her father figure's eyes as he remained silent for a few moments.

'' I was living on the streets, I didn't know who or what I was. Asmodeus took me in..nurtured my darker impulses and taught me the ''proper'' way to be a warlock.'' Magnus explained and Katherine tilted her head in thought ''He seems like a hell of a dad..why did you listen to him?''

An ashamed expression crossed his face as he looked at her ''Because he was the only one in the world with eyes like me..he was my father.'' 

Magnus then looked away and started to finish drawing the pentagram and Katherine tsked ''Okay, well at least give me time to call Alec for backup from the Institute. We don't even have Lilith under control. Another Greater demon gets loose it could put the whole city at risk.'' she tried to persuade him.

Magnus got up when he finished drawing the pentagram and smiled at Katherine ''Fortunately for the good people of New York, my father won't be traveling top-side.'' ''Okay, what are you not telling me?'' she narrowed her eyes in suspicion.

''This pentagram isn't for summoning Asmodeus to Earth..it's for sending someone to Edom. In this case, me.''

Katherine chuckled and thought that he was joking but stopped when she saw the serious look on Magnus's face ''You aren't joking about this, are you?'' ''Nope.'' he shook his head from one side to the other ''Absolutely not.'' she said, her voice firm and unwavering. ''We need my father's help..and the cell service down there is terrible.'' he joked.

''Now is not the time to be funny, Mag.'' Katherine scoffed in worry. ''Would you prefer I act as terrified as I feel right now?'' he asked ''This is insane.'' she noted ''I hope I mentioned that already.'' she added.

''Tell me Jace isn't worth it, tell me your twin isn't worth it.'' Magnus argued and Katherine simply sighed, having no answer to that. But she was terrified of losing her father and Magnus saw that on her face ''Let's get this over with.'' he patted her arm before snapping his fingers together.

Katherine watched as flames, hot..burning flames erupted inside of the pentagram and as Magnus went to step inside it, she pulled him into a hug ''Do not die in Edom and come back with all your parts attached in the correct order.''

Magnus chuckled ''Why wouldn't I?'' he patted her cheek ''I have a daughter to look after.'' he winked as a  panicked look settled on Katherine face when he stepped inside the pentagram and screamed as the flames engulfed him. ..and just like that ....Magnus was gone.

Her phone rang and she looked down to see Alec calling her ''What's up?'' ''We found Clary's location ..I guess it's pointless to ask you to stay behind isn't it?'' she chuckled ''Yep.'' ''Okay then.'' Alec sighed from the other side of the phone ''I am sending you the address.''

~*~*~*~

''Simon's been in the building forever.'' Alec said as Katherine walked towards where he, Luke and Izzy where standing. He saw his fiancee coming and handed her an extra seraph blade that she caught in her hand. ''What's taking him so long?'' he asked.

''Alec, it's a high rise.'' Izzy defended Simon who appeared seconds later besides them ''Sorry, I tried to get as close as I could  without anyone noticing, but...my vamp ears couldn't hear Clary inside anywhere.'' ''I expected that.'' Katherine shrugged her shoulders ''Lilith must be concealing her location with some sort of glamour.''