The Fairchild nodded in confirmation and Izzy looked at her in shock ''What?''

Ithuriel was an angle, a powerful one and Lilith had killed him with ease. How easy would it be for her to kill all shadowhunters and mundanes if she wanted to? Katherine dreaded the answer ''But why? Why did she kill him?''

''Because of me.'' Clary sobbed ''Because I summoned him..because I was trying to help Jace.'' her body shock with sobs and Katherine closed her eyes before opening them again ''Alec, I am so sorry..I should have not kept this from you..both of you.'' the red headed looked between the couple ''I know what position this puts you in with the Clave. So if you want to send me to the Guard...I understand.''

''Clary, no.'' Simon protested but then Alec approached her, his eyes burning and Katherine saw the decision in his eyes before he hugged the younger girl ''I would have done the same thing.''

Katherine sighed as they pulled away from the hug and Clary looked at her ''Kate, I- I hope that you don't hate me for this...'' ''Oh Clare.'' she pulled her adoptive sister in for a hug ''I don't hate you and like Alec said, we'd all would have done the same thing. We'll get through this, okay? We'll get Jace back.''

Her eyes locked with Alec's over Clary's shoulder and the couple  got all the assurance they need just by looking at each other. They would save Jace, they weren't giving up on him.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Luke had arrived in the Institute a little while later and informed them of Ollie being possessed by the Owl and also of the fact that she or the demon in her killed her mother.

''Luke...there is nothing you could have done.'' Clary tried to assure him but judging from the look on Luke's face, Katherine knew he still felt guilty. ''Wait..'' Izzy said and pulled their attention to her ''..Jace was able to reverse  Morgan possession, remember?'' she looked around the group.

''Yeah.'' Katherine looked at Alec before looking back at Izzy ''Yeah he was...are you saying...?'' she looked at the younger girl in realization. Izzy nodded ''Yeah, if we can find Jace, maybe he can save Ollie.''

''No we tried that.'' Clary pointed out ''He must be using his anti-tracking rune.'' ''The Owl wasn't exactly shy before. If we were able to somehow contain him the next time he makes an appearance.I might be able to relieve him of Lilith's influence.'' Magnus said.

''How the hell are we gonna contain him?'' Luke asked the question that was revolving in all of their minds. Katherine looked down in thought just as Izzy spoke ''When I took over as weapons master..I read about a piece of Clave technology that never made it into the field.'' she informed the rest.

''What piece of technology?'' Katherine asked her, ''It was called the Malachi Configuration.'' Izzy said and looked between the couple. Both of whom scoffed at the name. 

''Really?''

''Malachi the traitor?'' the older girl nodded at her fiancee ''Now that's a better name for it.'' A smile made it's way onto Alec's face even though darkness surrounded them, she was his light in the dark and it couldn't have been more clearer to the rest.

''He invented a type of cage for Greater Demons.'' Izzy further explained ''Now it's just sitting in the Alicante Armory.'' ''So we go there and get it.'' Clary pointed out the obvious.

''What, do you expect the Clave to just hand it over?'' Luke obviously didn't think so. A face popped up in Katherine's mind ''They wouldn't, but my grandmother might.''. Clary nodded in thought ''She's your's and Jace's grandmother, we can trust her.''

''Izzy and I will go with you and you..'' Alec looked at Katherine, noticing the stubborn set of her jaw and sighed ''Are obviously coming with us.'' she smiled and pecked his lips. '' And I'll go try and find a cure for Jace.'' Magnus said and walked away.