𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒

-10 years prior-

What's a solid, stable mentality without a little self destruction behind it? All she knew was fight, fight, fight. Whereas she'd been doing it since the age of 3.

Been by my lonely since a youngster.

She kept that thought implanted inside her mind, because in the end that's how she intended to keep it. Alone and apart from everything else.

Why change up what your used to only to end up back where you started and in a dreadful predicament?

"Zuri, bring yo ass!" Jerome yelled for the second time from the bottom of the stairs. Zuri continued to sit in her room on the floor, infront of her mirror staring at the poor, black girl staring back.

You got you, and only you.

"If I have to yell yo got damn name one mo time!" He shouted again with slight amusement in his voice. The man hated repeating himself, but somehow always found an reoccurrence in it when dealing with his "fucked up daughter" as he'd like to phrase it.

They don't care about you. End it.

"Okay, Imma count to 3 and if yuh not down hea dressed and ready to leave out da door, I know someting luktle gyal."

"1...."

Fuck them. End it.

"2...."

Why're you so hesitant? End it.

"3...."

No one will miss you. End it.

"4...."

It's not like you want to live. End it.

"5..." Jerome huffed shaking his head knowing he'd have to resort to his method of dealing with Zuri. "Ight I'm coming up!"

Time is ticking. End it.

Time isn't something you should value or depend on because in the end, all that time spent was a complete waste and that's a waste in life because life is time. What was the point of living if it would all go to waste? So she ended it....Or at least she thought she did.

Those mere five seconds were a complete waste of time. They held no purpose. No true meaning but fear which hadn't settled in Zuri's soul until after the countdown.

____________________

{A/N}

Let's do it again, shall we!!

6/2/20