Chapter 61

"Amanda." Claudia stood up. "Follow me."

"She's not going anywhere." Richard interrupted. "She did nothing wrong. Besides, look at her state; she can't be walking around."

"What do you mean? What is the meaning of her behaviour?" Claudia asked him.

"Uncle Richard, she should leave this table." Ruth crossed her arms. "Look at our guests, look at what they are witnessing. She should learn some manners."

"Shut your mouth, Ruth." Amanda eyed her.

October could hear Damien call her but she didn't want to hear him out yet. She made her way to the stairs that led to the main restaurant so she could leave. She didn't even care how Damien pursuing her would look to the other people at the VIP area. There were only about five other tables there. Her vision was blurred with tears so she failed to notice the people standing directly beside the stairs, in front of the railings.

"And where do you think you are going to?"

October halted the moment she heard that voice. She looked up to see two women.

"Aunt Ayo?" October was surprised. What was she doing here? Had she seen anything? She quickly swiped the back of her palms over her eyes to get rid of the tears.

"October!" Damien drew close and noticed Ayomide and the other woman beside her. He halted too and took in a deep breath.

"Tsk tsk tsk." Ayomide shook her head. She faked a smile and turned to the woman beside her. "Imade, let's reschedule." The woman took the cue, understanding the situation perfectly, and turned to the stairs to leave. "You." Ayomide looked at October, totally ignoring Damien. "Come with me."

Ayomide made her way back to where October was coming from. October knew that this wasn't going to end well and tried to call her back as she followed her.

"O.C, listen to me." Damien made a move to hold her back but she pushed him away.

"I don't think this is what we should be doing right now." Amaechi spoke up as an argument had already started. Soon enough, it would escalate. Chinyere just sat there watching all of them, with her chin resting on top of her knuckles as her hands were raised on the table.

"There's no need for all this." Ayomide said loudly and announcing herself as she approached the table with October and Damien behind her.

All heads turned to her direction.
Some of them already knew her, but the rest wondered who she was.

"Ayo? What are you- " Claudia was surprised too.

"Hold it Claudia. I know what I came here for." Ayomide looked at Chinyere. "Let me apologize in advance ma, I am about to make myself clear here about my niece and some harsh words may be used."

"By all means, carry on." Chinyere said, taking a sip from her tumbler and getting everyone shocked.

"Mother, do you tolerate just 'anyone' now?" Richard asked for Ayomide to hear.

"Are you mad?" Ayomide asked him. "Now listen to me, all of you. None of you should ever utter a rotten word to my niece, if not I will not take it lightly. Woh, I will find you and deal with you. If you can't speak to her with sense, speak to the gutters. Behave like people with manners. Just because she won't talk back doesn't mean she can't. That is respect; we taught her well. And no vagabond, " Ayomide shook her head like she was getting angry, "born of a mother and father should ever try to take advantage of it. If you have a problem with her, take it up with me. Try me if you dare."

The ones who knew her already knew that she was not just merely 'making mouth'.

"Can you imagine this?" Amanda muttered.