Chapter 46

October woke up feeling like she had been sleeping for hours. She squinted as soon as her eyes opened, the sudden intruding light doing wonders on her sight.

She tried to adjust so that she could be away from the light and that was when she realised that she was tied to a chair. Her hands were bound and so were her legs. They were bound tight. There was thick tape over her mouth also.

'Where was she?' Was the first thing that came to her mind.
'What was happening?'

The last thing she remembered was feeling weak and sleepy. She had rested her head on the counter, and after that she couldn't remember anything else.

Did someone take her from the bar? But who could have done it? Why was she tied?

All her questions were soon to be answered because she heard the creaking of the door she assumed was the door to where she was, and that interrupted her from her thoughts.

She watched as someone walked in casually. A wave of recognition hit her instantly. He was the guy from the bar earlier on, the guy who had bought her a drink..... The drink!

She had been so stupid. She could put two and two together now. He had to have been the one who spiked her drink. She had seen kidnap movies in movies and she never expected to experience such.

He walked till he stood in front of her. She tried to say something but all that came out were muffled sounds.

He smiled as he squatted in her front.
"This was so easy. But you, not my type of woman."

October rolled her eyes. Thank God she was not.

"And plus, your friend paid such a huge amount just for me to leave you alone at the bar earlier on. Let's see how much all of those your friends are willing to offer." He patted her legs and stood up.

"You're really special. You have all those rich friends. But I heard from my contact that you on the other hand, don't have any money." He circled her chair. "I think you are loved. But there's one person who doesn't like you as it seems. And that is my contact."

He stopped behind her and whispered in her ear,
"She was so bent on me taking advantage of you."

And then he began to say some things in Filipino which she could not really grab.

October was not afraid because she knew that she had the greater One inside of her. She just closed her eyes and prayed in her mind.

**********

Aaron picked up his phone and sighed. He dropped it back on the table, disappointed that it was not a message he expected. He and Damien were seated across each other on the sofas in Aaron's room at the resort.

The room was quite big with a king sized bed, white rugged floors, sea themed walls, dozens of seashell decorations hanging from the ceiling and two semi circle dangerously soft light blue sofas enveloping a white coloured centre table.

Aaron rubbed his palms together and sighed again.

"She'll be okay." Damien started. "I know October, and I know that she'll be okay. The police are doing everything they can to track the man down.

"I'm trying to be positive here, Damien. It's not just working. She's the only sister I've got and I can't stand losing her, talk more of someone touching her." Aaron said.

"Same here Aaron, same here. He better not try anything on her." Damien said before Aaron's phone beeped again. He grabbed it from the table. It was a text message from October's phone. He silently prayed and opened it.

Just then, Sharmaine walked in.
"Has he sent anything else?" She asked.
Damien gestured to Aaron, not knowing what to say.

"He's asking for six million pisos." Aaron said as he stared at his phone.

"Just that?" Sharmaine sighed in relief. "Ask him where we should meet."

A/N:
Oh my gosh! Did Damien just confess that he has something for October?😱
Nah, he didn't 😂
Lmao