Chapter 21

"Ah!"Ayomide exclaimed the moment Aaron walked out of the dressing room wearing a white suit."Okoh mi." She clapped.

"This one is fine."Adesuwa commented."Ah,Ayo,your fashion studio is now fancier."

"You don't trust me? I ordered a lot from France this year. Those Ugboajas think they can put me out of business. They order fabric from China,I order from America,France and even China." Ayomide laughed almost evily."Ayomide Cooker is on point now."

"Aunty,is this one for free?"Aaron asked. Ayomide's laughter faded. She rose the right part of her upper lip, exposing part of her perfect white teeth.

"Are you sure you're okay?" she asked Aaron."Don't even go there." she shook her head sideways."Even if you are family,sorry there is no family in business. The suit has already been booked."

"I like it. I'll pay double."Aaron said.

A smile slowly found its way to Ayomide's face as he walked back into the dressing room.
"Favourite nephew."she teased him."Speaking of which,I need my niece."

"For what?"Adesuwa asked, knowing she was talking about October.

"I'm going to have a fashion show. I'll show those Ugboajas that Yorubas have style."Ayomide rose the silky neckline of her dress and made it drop."We know fashion. I need O.C so that she will be the queen of the runway."

"What about Jennifer?"Adesuwa asked as Aaron joined them again with the suit in his hand.

"Leave Jenny. She's doing shakara ni. If the mountain does not want to come to Ayomide, Ayomide will not go to the mountain this time around. Aaron can be the male king."Ayomide paused and shrugged."Hmmph. Let me mind what I am saying before that boy will just appear out of nowhere and start laughing that I said 'male' king. You know that one has the ears of a rabbit. Sorry jare,"She turned to Aaron,"You will be the king. October will be queen."Ayomide hissed. Adesuwa laughed, knowing she was referring to Lawrence.

"Aunty Ayo!"Someone squealed, walking towards where Ayomide and Adesuwa were seated on the sofa near the dressing room. Stephanie Ugboaja made her way towards them, smiling so hard.

All that was on Ayomide's mind was,
'Why is this one here now?'

"Good morning,Mrs Adesuwa."Stephanie greeted.

"Good morning."Adesuwa said,not returning the smile. She turned to her sister."I'll see you tomorrow." She said before she and Aaron walked to the cashier.

"Aunty Ayo,how is business going?"Stephanie asked.

"Well,for your information, business is booming as you can see. I know your mother sent you here as a spy but tell her I said that I am always two steps ahead of you enemies of progress. Clean that smile away. I know that you don't like me."

"What do you mean?"

"I do not even like you. I heard what you did to my niece. Boyfriend snatcher,home wrecker."

Stephanie smiled.
"Is that what this is about?I did nothing wrong. Ebube saw something better,"Stephanie looked at herself,"And he went after it."

"Okay." Ayomide feigned laughter."Guess what? I just saw something better."She stood up."And I'm going after it." She said and walked towards the bra rack.

Stephanie scoffed.
Bras? Seriously?
Ayomide was going down and she and her mother would do everything to make sure of it.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Damien looked at his wristwatch and rubbed his temples. He hadn't come to Lagos for this.
He looked around the long table with people on the left and right side,some eyeing each other.

"So this is it now?"He finally spoke

"Sir, it's the Lekki Branch."The manager of Hotel Haven,Enugu said. The managers and middle manager of Hotel Haven were on the right and left, different branches situated in different parts of the country. Kennedy was sitting on the left side,as the only one from Aso's Elite which was the only one of Damien's hotels that did not have different branches. The managers were exchanging death glares.

"They started the whole thing."The same manager said.

"That's a lie."The lady in a blue suit said."You all are just incompetent."

"Sir,I think the blame should be put on the Port Harcourt manager..."The Aba manager was saying.

"You're just putting the blame on Emma because he is not here."Joy, the middle manager of the Port Harcourt branch said, cutting him off.

"And why is that so? You see why I said you are incompetent?"Prisca,the Lekki Manager said again. Some of the people on the left hand side turned to look at her.

"Whether it's the Enugu or Awka or even the Osun branch manager,it doesn't matter. I own all of these hotels. The earlier you stop tarnishing the image of each hotel,the better;Whether on social media or any other medium. It's not a loss for you, but me. The next time this happens,I will have each and everyone of you replaced and I hope that's clear." Damien said and looked at all of them. Most of them had stopped eyeing each other."Good. Now everyone out, except Prisca."

One by one,they began to leave till it remained only Damien,Kennedy and the manager of the Lekki Branch.

"I like what you did with the hotel while I was away. Keep it up. Where are the plans you wanted to show me?"Damien said to her.

"They're here sir."

********

October sighed as she looked at her phone for the sixth time. She wasn't sure she wanted to answer his call and she knew he would kill her when he got back.

A/N

Next chapter soon....
Read and enjoy 😉
@rayerae @pweetyaffy