Chapter 14

Signature Primary school, 2009.
(Nine years ago)

“See you, unbreakable chin-chin,unflushable toilet,dirty moi moi, rotten pig, flabbergasted moron.”One of the girls standing in front of Lawrence said. All the children in the class began to cheer for her.“Eight years old for nothing, always carrying last position,they'll soon make you head boy because of course look at how big your head is.”

Lawrence hissed.
“I don't blame you.You came all the way from your class to insult me just because I stole your maths book.....”

Ehhhhn. So now you're admitting you stole it? But when Mrs Azubuike was asking,you said you did not take it.”

Lawrence covered his mouth and looked around his class of thirty pupils.
“Class, please,did you hear me say anything?”

Nooooo.” The seven and eight year olds yelled.

“So you see, Chizoba or whatever they call you....”

“Chizoba. My name is Chizoba. You should know that since you stole my maths note. Imagine you,you are eight, stealing a seven year old's note. No shame.” Chizoba said.

“Just look at him,dirty mouth.”Charity,one of Chizoba's friends jumped into the quarrel.

Lawrence rose his hand to hit her.

“Try it,try and touch her. I will show you. The last one you insulted my mother,I didn't finish you up,ole.” Chizoba said and hissed.

“This time is different. You can't touch me. I'm going to report you.”Lawrence stuck out his tongue at her.

“That's all you can do,report. If you are a man,fight back,shebi you are a man.”she slapped his head.“Thief,ole,sexy maggot.”

“At least I'm sexy. See you,figure 3. It is meant to be figure eight but your flat brain slapped your back and made it crooked. Shapeless mango.”he insulted her.

“Hey!He's trying me!”her friends held her as she shouted.

“Come now, superwoman.”

“He's daring me!”Chizoba freed herself and made her way to him since her friends had previously drawn her back. She was almost there when someone put his leg in the way intentionally. One of her friends tried to hold her before she could fall,and then the unforgettable happened....

Her skirt ripped.

At first,she didn't even know what to do. Out of all days she chose not to wear her substitute trouser- rights under her skirt. Most of the pupils started pointing and laughing.

“Cheap skirt,okirika.”The pupils began chanting.“Cheap skirt, figure 3,cheap skirt ripped,black pant shows.....”

                     * *
There was a loud thud on the table making Chizoba's eyes snap open. She rubbed her eyes.

“Sleeping on the job,abi? If I report you to the manager now,you will say I am wicked.”Mary hissed.

“I never called you here oh. Your side of the hotel is the lobby, welcoming guests. It's not my work time yet. You don't see me disturbing you when you leave your desk to the toilet. ”Chizoba grumbled.

Mary hissed again,eyed her and turned to go.

“And Mary?”

Mary turned back.
“What?”she asked rudely.

“Just because you're having an affair with Kennedy doesn't mean you're his wife or higher than us. Pray to God to take away your miserable attitude.”

“You must be very stupid. You've forgotten I'm older than you,abi? Secondary school student.”Mary told Chizoba.

“I'm just making a point known.”

“I don't have your time.”Mary said and walked away.

A/N
Ole: Thief