Chapter 15

October's mouth fell open the moment she walked into the party. This was so not what she had expected. It wasn't even just a social gathering. No wonder it was in a club. She turned to Kcee at her right,then Aaron at her left before she smiled and began to laugh. Aaron looked at her as they walked in further.

“You're not allowed to drink.”Aaron said smiling. Her laughter faded.“And Kcee will be with you throughout. I don't trust most of the guys here. Some are irresponsible;I know them.” Aaron said as they sat on the bar stools. Damien moved towards them and exchanged handshakes with Aaron. They hugged.

Unlike October, Aaron and Damien had been friends since primary school so Aaron was close to him,and so were Kcee and Ebube.In fact,they were about nine in their clique.
Damien and Kcee exchanged handshakes too.Damien nodded his head at October which got her shocked. She wasn't expecting him to acknowledge her.

“Sir,”October cleared her throat and rose the shopping bag she was holding for him to see.“The phone.”

“Oh,that?”he laughed.
October's jaw dropped. She had neither seen him smile nor laugh genuinely before. He was drop dead gorgeous.

“Take it.” he said.

“I already have one,and I sold yours so....”October was saying.

“I got one.”he rose a brand new iPhone.“And you'll need it.”

“Why?”October asked.

“You're traveling with me tomorrow. I want you using an iPhone.”he replied.

“I'm what?”October's eyes widened.

“That's so sudden.”Aaron commented.

“To where?”October asked.

“Lagos. Don't worry about anything. Everything has been made ready.”

“Why me?For what?”

“You're the manager and number two,Aso Elite's branch in Lagos.”Damien scoffed and turned to Aaron.“Let's go. Your sister's boring me with her questions.”

“Oh,yeah.”Aaron said and stood up.

“Kcee.”Damien called.

“He has to stay with her.”Aaron said.

“No,he can go,I'm fine.”October said, smiling.

“Don't. He's ‘your’ bodyguard for tonight. No drinking. Dad's orders.”Aaron said.

“No way.”October argued.
Damien rose his brow. He bent towards October,so close she had to cross her eyes.

“Don't you dare drink. We don't need you having a hangover.”he smiled and patted her head before he and Aaron left for the pool.

October turned to Kcee.
“Ah-ah,Hefty,see as you are adding weight.”

Kcee just laughed,his bass voice sounding clearly despite the loud music playing, before someone's hand rested on October's shoulder. October turned.

“Hey,belle.”the guy beside her smiled. October removed his hand uncomfortably. She turned to Kcee. His eyes darkened as he stared at the guy.

“Kcee.”he called Kcee.“Won't you introduce me to your friend?”

“There are many other girls here,not her,not today,not ever.”Kcee said.

“Chill.”The guy sat on one of the bar stools and touched October's thigh. October slapped him as Kcee stood up.

“James.”Kcee called.“It's time for you to leave.”

“It's Damien's party.”

“And he would have told you the same if he were here right now. Leave, don't make me make you.”Kcee moved closer to James.

James scoffed and clicked his tongue.

“What a shame,I like violent ladies.” he touched his cheek where October had slapped him.“I'm not leaving because of you,just know that.”he pointed at Kcee minding his distance from the huge man.

“See you around, belle. I'm James Okonkwo.”he touched October's cheek before he walked away.

Kcee scoffed before he sat down again.

“Thank you.”October told Kcee.

“It's my duty.”Kcee replied.

October sighed.
“Let's lighten up the mood. Let's play a game. If I ask you a question and you fail,you drink. If I fail,I drink.”

“No way. You get drunk easily. Your father said...”

“I'm old enough and I'm tired of following his orders. I don't even know why I'm here. He threw me out so he shouldn't care. Besides, you're here with me. There's nothing else to do and no one can try anything.”

“Why do you want to get drunk so badly?”

“I want to disobey him on purpose. Besides,I like drinking;Not getting drunk though.”October said and sighed. She looked down and then looked at him.“So are you playing?”

Kcee sighed and turned to the bartender.
“Two bottles of Gulder.”

“Are you joking?What is gulder?”October asked. She turned to the bartender.“Two bottles of Hennessy jor.”

Kcee turned to her with wide eyes.
“Hennessy?”

“What is wrong with it?”

“Then only a few questions will be asked.”

A/N
Hefty is Kcee's nickname.

This won't be the last of James Okonkwo, fam. He's coming back.🙀😨😔😥😯

Keep on reading, enjoy and stay blessed 😘.