Chapter 28

“Okay, I'm dropping my bet.”Aaron pulled off his gold wristwatch and dropped it on the table in the middle of the nine of them.
Benedict was next. He dropped a bottle of coke on the table, one which he had gotten from the cooler he had brought in.

“Dude, what is that?”Kcee asked him.

“At least it's something.”Benedict shrugged.

Kcee shook his head and dropped his silver wristwatch. Kingsley took off his Air Jordans and put them on the table. They were still as clean as new shoes.
Everyone knew that he would just get new ones from his car.

Ebube was next. He dropped a bundle of money on the table. Damien dropped an iPhone box on the table too. They all turned to look at him.

“I always come prepared.” Damien said.

Uyi and Victor were left to make their bet.

“Ah!”Victor exclaimed. “This is serious. I'm not betting.”
Kingsley hit Victor at the back of his head.

“If I slap you, you will faint.”Kingsley snatched Victor's wallet and threw it on the table.

“Guy, what's wrong with you?” Victor asked Kingsley.

“Once it's on the table, it cannot be taken back.” Uyi reminded Victor.

“Uyi, it's your turn.”Aaron said.

October stared at the table. Was this how they played their games? Everything here could pay her, Olivia and Peppy's rent for one year.Aaron's wristwatch alone was not less than eighty thousand naira.

“I drop....” Uyi looked around and his eyes stopped on October.“October.”

Her eyes widened.

“Anybody that wins gets to take her out for a full day.” Uyi completed.

“What do I have to gain? She's my sister.” Aaron said.

“I have to agree first.” October said.

“Agree what? Did my wallet agree?”Victor asked her.

**********

Chizoba rolled her eyes. She just had to do it. She looked up at the person on October's chair in her office.

“Can you take your legs off the table?”Chizoba asked Lawrence.

“No.”He shrugged.

“Oh, really?”She asked and used the rag in her hand to dust the table and his shoes also.

“These shoes cost thirty five thousand naira. I dare you to dirty them.”Lawrence said.

“Do you enjoy seeing me stressed?”Chizoba asked dropping the rag on the table in defeat.

“Maybe.”He answered.

“What are you doing here anyways? Miss October is not around.”Chizoba sighed.

“I'm Lawrence Obiakor. I go wherever I want. Plus, I have a relationship of some sort with the owner of this office. What are you doing here?”Lawrence asked.

“Nothing. I'm just cleaning a place I don't know for no good reason.”Chizoba answered sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

“Oh, yeah. You work here.” He grinned. “So did you pass? It will be a shame if you don't get in.”

“I don't know. And that was a nice stunt you pulled there. You told the wrong answers and made people fail.”Chizoba said.

“This is not an ordinary school. It's British Royal Academy. You cannot be a dumb person and wish to win a scholarship that only ten students will be chosen for.” He paused and laughed. “Why would I tell them correct answers? Even as a rich person, I know that nothing comes free in this life. You should be grateful that I helped you. I knew I was right about you up until now.”He ran a hand through his braids.

“What do you mean?”Chizoba asked.

“I knew you would be stubborn and not write it.”Lawrence answered.

“It's not called stubbornness. It's called being fair and smart. If you are sure of yourself,why would you copy?”Chizoba asked.

“Exactly.”Lawrence said.

“I'm done here.”Chizoba picked her rag and turned to go.

“If you're in SS2 already,why did you apply for the scholarship? I mean, aren't you almost done with school?” Lawrence asked.

Chizoba turned.
“That's none of your business.”She said.

“It's because they're going to give you a good recommendation right?” He asked.

“Again,none of your business.”Chizoba said and turned to go again.

“Hey,” Lawrence called her and stood up.

“What?”Chizoba half-yelled, turning.

“I'm done here. You can clean the table now.”

Chizoba's jaw dropped in disbelief.

“Oh, you're not going anywhere.”Chizoba said.

A/N

Who do you think is going to win the game?
Vote for Damien, comment for Ebube😂😂

Read,enjoy and stay blessed.