Chapter 45

Ebube's heart was racing fast. What was this supposed to mean?

He ran his hand through his hair as he moved towards where his friends were. Victor and Sharmaine were the only sober ones.

"We need to leave now." Ebube said.

Sharmaine noticed he was tense.
"Why? What's wrong?" She asked.

"October." He paused and took a deep breath to calm himself down. "She was drugged and taken, I don't know where."

"What?" Victor asked. They were both shocked. "Who drugged her?"

"The bartender... The bartender..." He paused as everything from the whole scenario replayed in his head.

'It was the guy from earlier on! He had to have been involved too'.

"And there was this guy," Ebube recalled the way the guy had stared at October as he had chased him away. "Dark skinned and long hair and all..."

"Long haired?" Sharmaine paused. "Was he tattooed anywhere on his face?"
She asked.

"I'm not sure, maybe." Ebube answered.

"And was he making any advances towards October?" Sharmaine enquired, as if she was figuring out something.

"I don't....He bought her a drink and- " Ebube was saying.

"Oh my gosh." Sharmaine gasped.

"What?" Ebube asked quickly.

"I hope I'm wrong about this, but he's part of this gang who go after women, women they see alone in a bar or women that are weak."

Ebube scoffed and chuckled, raking a hand through his hair.
"What the hell, Sharmaine!" He yelled making her jump, and other people turned to look too.
"You made us come here with those kind of people on the loose?"

"It's not her fault, E ." Victor said and for the first time in a long time, he was actually serious about something. His usual playful countenance was no longer there. "She didn't expect this. What we need to do now is report this to the police. We're wasting time here. October needs us." Victor said grabbed some car keys from the table near the rest of their friends. Ebube took shaky breaths. Tears hung in his eyes but he tried to hide them.

"Get Deji down from there and you both should take everyone else home." Victor tossed her two car keys. She nodded, looking down. She was feeling so guilty.

"Let's go." Victor tapped Ebube's shoulder. They both headed out of the bar. "We need to contact whoever was not here tonight and also those who left early."

Victor unlocked the last of Raul's cars in which they had come in. "That includes Damien, Jessica, Majesty, Kcee, Uyi and......" Victor paused as he opened the door to the driver's seat. "And Aaron."

He would be angry, no, he would be MAD.

Ebube nodded and entered into the car. He brought out his cellphone.
"Siri, call Aaron."

**********

There was a bang from upstairs and Damien and Jessica heard hurrying footsteps descend down the resort stairs. It caught the attention of both of them as they were seated in the lobby just after the stairs.

Aaron, Kcee and Uyi appeared at the base of the stairs, with Majesty following after and looking confused. The sight seemed like there was a fire outbreak upstairs.

"What's going on?" Jessica asked. Aaron didn't even say anything, he just ran out. Kcee wanted to explain but once Aaron ran out, he left too. It was left for Uyi now. He was the only one who seemed to know. He was out of breath. The three of them looked at him with curious eyes.

"October-" He started.

Damien's heart skipped a beat.

"October was abducted."

"Oh my gosh." Majesty covered her mouth.

"We're going to the police station." Uyi said.

"I'll come with you. I'll tell my guards to bring a car around." Majesty said.

"Let's go, then." Damien said. Uyi and Majesty walked out. Damien was about to go too when Jessica held him back. He turned to look at her.

"Can you not go?" Jessica pleaded with him. "I don't want her around us anyways."

Damien drew his arm away from her hold with disgust written on his face.

"You don't have to show everyone that you're not okay upstairs. This is October they're talking about, not you. You don't even care about the fact that someone's life is at stake. How sick can you be?" Damien eyed her before he walked away.

Jessica shrugged.
"Sick enough to do anything for the both of us." She said after him. He just pretended not to hear her.

"Or anything I feel is best for us." She said and smiled.

A/N:

So fam, I decided to make this one longer. Made this one special sha.

And remember that scene at the book description, yeah, that one; It's coming soon..... pretty soon.

Just a reminder that I feel you guys❤

You know the statement - Read, enjoy and stay blessed 😘