“I’m sorry!” I apologized awkwardly.

                “It’s o-okay,” he mumbled, barely audible. “It wasn’t your fault.”

                I shot a glare at Gav. “Have I ever told you how much I hate you? Because I hate you a lot.”

                “I know!” Gav said joyfully, jumping on me and tackle me onto the air mattress. He smiled down at me as he pinned me there. “Now admit you love you!”

                “No!” I argued, trying to struggle free.

                “Tell me you love me!” Gav whined, not letting me get away.

                “Fine! I love you!” I cried.

                “YAY!” Gav cheered, pulling me into a tight hug. “TRAVIS BLAKE AND I ARE IN LOVE!”

                “Oh god! Get off me!” I whined.

                “YEA, YEA. SCREAM MY NAME TRAV.”

                “I WASN’T SCREAMING YOUR NAME. YOUR NAME ISN’T GOD. YOUR INITIALS ARE GOD.”

                Gav released me and gave me puppy-dog eyes. “My tummy go ROAR!” he whined, placing his hands over his stomach as it growled loudly.

                I rolled my eyes and stood up, my friends copying me. Gage had gotten his laughter under control by this point.

                “That was a cute laugh Gage,” I said, raising an eyebrow as we left my room and made our way down the hall to the kitchen.

                “Fuck you!” he whined.

                “Lovely language to hear first thing in the morning Gage,” my dad said, setting a large plate of pancakes down. “I heard you boys doing whatever it is you do in there, so I made you breakfast. I know Trav and Gav have the appetite of a whale.”

                “Aw dad you’re the best!” I said cheerfully.

                We sat down and began to eat hungrily. Well, except for Alex. He just kind of picked at a pancake, his face back to its normal color.

                The doorbell rang and I watched curiously as my dad disappeared downstairs to open the door. I shrugged it off and continued eating.

                My dad returned and I stared at him, swallowing down my food. “Who was at the door, dad?” I asked.

                My face paled as my question was answered a second later.

                Collin followed my dad into the kitchen and shot me a glare. He looked like he would prefer being continuously stabbed than be in my house.

                “Collin!” Alex said in surprise, shifting so that Collin wouldn’t be able to see his barely eaten breakfast. “What are you doing here?”

                “I tried to call you, but your phone is off,” Collin said.     

                “Oh-Sorry! I forgot to turn it on when we woke up this morning,” Alex said apologetically.

                “It’s okay. Just finish eating and then we have to go,” Collin said, reaching out and ruffling Alex’s hair.

                I noticed that Alex’s hair never seemed to look messy. His golden, slightly curly hair seemed to always rest in perfect place, even when Collin ruffled it, or when he had just slept on it.