• forty-seven •

MinJung's POV

"Just stop stressing me out, Jun!"

I frustratedly said to him.

"Just hear me out. I'm trying to do what's the best for us. I think this is the best." He said leaning on the bleachers at the Basketball court.

He smiles and waves at my other teammates making them squeal lightly.

"We can talk this out when we gather everyone. Right now, I'm in the middle of training here. This game is important!"

I cups my head in my hands as I take a seat beside him.

He sighs and put an arm around my shoulder patting my shoulder.

"That's why I came here to talk to you. My parents agree to change our occassion to a wedding as long as I agree. And I agree. Do you agree??" He shrugs his shoulder.

"Can we talk about this later? I have important things to do."

I stand up and points my finger to the court to my teammates stil training.

He furrows his eyebrows to me standing up to meet my eyes as I am not that short from him.

"Are you saying our occassion is not important? Your game is more important?" He slowly said in disappointed.

I look away not knowing what to feel.

How can he not understand?

"Jun, this is about my future." I frowns back to him.

"Minjung, this occassion is about our future too. Our future is important too. I did all of this for our futur-"

"This is regarding my future! I want this! This has been my dream! I've been dreaming to be in this tournament and get a place in the international team! You don't know how hard I worked to earn a place in this team! You fucking don't know!" I unconciously shouts in his face.

He stood there deadpanned as I stood there in shocked too after I accidentally exploded at him making a few people around the court turn their heads to us.

I can see from the corner of my eyes the football team that are resting beside my court all turn their heads to us even my team.

Who would not to?

The heir of Wen Holdings and the Choi Minjung from SkyForce, moreover the ever famous daughter of Mirae&Co, bickering in public?

Of course it can cause a rumour.

Jun clears his throat trying to calm me down as he tries to get a hold of my shoulder but I push him away.

"Minjung, stop. You're going to cause a rumour about us-"

"You care about the public but at the end of the day, when you fall, they won't be the one who will help you instead they would add more fuel to the fire, JunHui. Yet, all you think about are the people around us..." I said in disbelief.

He goes silence at my remark.

"What is your actual motive? Why are you being like this? What are you so afraid of?"

I bombards him with questions knowing the people around me won't hear our conversation since we talk in low voices now.

The eagerness from his eyes gone as it changes to a sorrow one.

He looks down to his feet.

"Because I used to be so oblivious about these things with my ex fiance. I ignored her and only cared about my work. Never once, I made some time for her because I knew she would never leave me. But now that she's gone and I have you. I would never repeat the same thing again."