• twenty-two •

Jun's POV

"Mommyyyyyyy. Do I really have to?"

I stop eating my cake and whine to my mother repeatedly.

My parents just look at me and shake their heads together while we are having our high tea.

I look forward staring at the view while sitting at the balcony of my mansion.

'I miss you, Soomi.' My heart drops remembering her.

My mother smiles and pinches my cheeks. "Why don't you just try first? Who knows?"

"This is like the millionth times the both of you did this to me. It feels like a blind date at the same time." I huffs.

"Junhui, me and your Mom do this for your own good." Dad said patting my back and continue to eat his cake.

I made a face. "It's like you guys are threatening your friends and they have to follow you guys in order to get this million dollars project."

"It's not! We're not! Okay, kind of." My father defend himself and Mom.

"Yeah right. Look Mom, Dad. I know you guys do this to help me. But please give me some time to heal myself first."

I said patting my chest trying to make them understand me.

"But I already promised with my friend tonight. Do you remember Mr. Choi MinJae? The one that was in our meeting few days ago?" Dad asks me.

I frowns and try to remember back and it click. "Oh him. Of course I know him. Who doesn't."

"I kind of told him about you and asked him if he has a daughter and he said yes. So, I thought its not that hurt if you try to meet with his daughter and if you did, he will get our million dollars project ehe." Dad tell the truth laughing awkwardly.

I sighs. "Rich girls, huh? Do you know that every girls you tried to match with me were either clingy, arrogant and loves to waste money? And now, you want to match me with Mr. Choi MinJae's daughter? I'm sure as heck his daughter is 100% same like the other girls."

"Junhui-ah, we're just gonna have a dinner with them. And if you interest with the daughter, you could go out for some date and learn about each other. I'm sure his daughter is nice. Besides, MinJae is a humble person." Mom tries to convince me.

"Promise me if this doesn't work, this will be the last time you both do this, okay? And I will find one soon or later just not now."

I stuck out both of my pinky to my parents as they chuckle linking their pinkies with mine.

"God, Wen Junhui you're 24 for god's sake." Mom grumbles.

I giggles. "Whaaat?"

"It's not nice for you to keep on remembering her." Mom said.

"Forget about her, okay Son?" Dad let out a small smile to me.

I drop my smile and sorrowfully nod my head to him. "I'm trying."

"Okay then chop chop! Let's get dress up. I can't wait to meet the daughter. MinJae showed me his wife's picture and she is so beautiful. Her beauty is something you never thought of."

Mom said looking up at the sapphire sky as if there'd stars in her eyes.

"So? It's not the daughter you saw." I comment in bored.