• ten •

•••• FLASH BACK •••••

Mirae's POV

"Oppa, I'm going out to buy some groceries."

I said to my husband, MinJae who's reading a newspaper and having breakfast in our garden fully dressed to go to his office.

I wore my long cardigan and face mask to cover my pale face because of my illness.

Heart disease.

My maid pushed my wheelchair to my shoes rack.

"What for?" He grumbly said.

"Nothing special. Minjung wants me to bake her a cake." I casually said that.

"You're doing all for that unlucky child again." He muttered.

I stopped wearing my flat shoes and looked at him in offended.

"Minjung is our child too, MinJae!"

I shouted to my husband in anger while trying to ignore the pain I have in my chest.

"And she's the reason why you're like this! If only you listened to me to just abort her when you were pregnant with her, your heart disease won't be this chronic if it's not because of her!" He said in a loud voice.

I jumped at his loud voice.

"Minjung is innocent, Oppa. She's our child! I can't just possibly literally kill our child just because of my illness." I shook my head to him.

"But we already have MinHo. MinHo is our little sunshine. It's not like we don't have a child yet. You do knew the doctor said the risk for you to continue your pregnancy with that unlucky child was high! But you still want to keep her. Does she bring any luck in our life? No right? She only brings misfortune into our lives!"

MinJae slammed the coffee table in front of us making me jumped at the sudden impact.

"It's not like my whole body paralyzed, aren't I? I'm still getting treatment. I can walk but the doctor insisted me to use this wheelchair."

I frowned to him.

"And that child is the reason why you're like this. Why your heart disease became even more worser! Your body is going to paralyzed slowly! I can't stand seeing you like this. It pains me, Mirae."

He disappointedly said brushing his hair back.

"If you can't stand seeing me like this, then don't make it worser, Oppa. Treat Minjung fairly like how you treat MinHo. Minjung is our child too. Poor her. It hurts me. She has a father but it seems like she didn't even have one. Since she was born, you didn't even hold her for once. Not even for once, Choi MinJae. What kind of a father, are you?"

My tears started threatening to fall.

It hurts me. It hurts me so much seeing my own daughter learned how to be independent at her age.

I couldn't do much for her. I can't move too much. If I move more than what my doctor maximize for me, I might be paralyzed.