• seventeen ! •

MinJung's POV

"Here's your cake and hot latte. Is there anything I can help you?" I asked the group of boys as they giggling to each other.

"Yes yes. Can you show your face to us? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ." One of them said and then chuckles.

I hold the urge not to roll my eyes infront of them and fix my grey mask alongside with my cap calmly.

It's not even two weeks since I start working here in this popular cafe.

"Oh, you're going to get a heart attack. I have one of the most hideous face you'll ever see. So for your safety, let's not do that." I politely say and smile behind my mask.

They could see I'm smiling behind my mask looking at my almost eyes smile.

"Nonsense. Your beautiful eyes says otherwise though." They start winking to me.

If Seungkwan knows this, he'll be pooping blue poop right now and would say they're all blind with my fake nature.

"If there's nothing, I'll just go first." I bow slightly and walk away from the table while holding a tray.

"Huh." I sigh and wipe my traits of sweats while taking a seat behind the counter.

Wearing a mask while working is such a big challenge for me. But what can I do, Mr. Choi could be anywhere near here. His workers, his business friends etc who knew my mother can recognize me easily.

I don't want any of them to see my face. Never. Especially when he never wanted to introduce me at all.

"Tired, huh?" Taehyung, my coworker said nudging me slightly.

I blink my eyes to him signalling a 'yes' to him.

He pull my cap lower to the front jokingly. "You better not to sit down before our semi bald manager comes out."

"Yeah right. I'll kick his balls." I mumbles.

"Whose balls?" Our manager suddenly walk up to us making me stand up instantly behind the counter.

He glare up to me.

"M-meatballs! We're thinking to eat my handmade meatballs! Hehe." I sheepishly smile through my mask.

"Kicking meatballs?" He raises an eyebrow as I nervously glance to Taehyung who's sighing.

"Well yeah. We have to kick them to make them delicious. Don't you know? In France, they do that. That's why they have some finger lickin good pasta." Taehyung said covering us while rubbing the nape of his neck awkwardly.

"Sure. Don't sit! We have more dozens of customer. Look! There's even more are flooding in. I have to go because there's emergency." He said suspiciously and walk out of our cafe.

I let out a relief breathe. "Phew thanks. I owe you one." I said thanking Taehyung.

"You are." He said and start to prepare new orders from customers.

"What is that?" I mumbles.

"You know, it's been almost two weeks since you started to work here and it's been almost two weeks too that I never seen your actual face. I know we just know each other but you know what I mean, right?"