• twenty-six •

Minjung's POV

'Choi Minjung, you're such a disgrace in this family.'

'If it's not because of you, she would've gotten a treatment for her cancer.'

'If it's not because of you, MY WIFE WOULD'VE STILL BE HERE!'

Suddenly, the thoughts of what Mr. Choi said to me is ringing in my head.

I tries to shake off the voice off my thoughts to focus on my basketball practice.

I look on my right to see Zoey trying to pass the ball to me.

I catches the orange ball and put a tight grip in my hands before I dribble it a little trying to run closer to the goal.

"Minjung-ah! Overhere!"

Ying screeches as I turns around dodging few people from the opposite team.

But before I can passes the ball to Ying, Hanna quickly catches the ball from my hands making me lose my balance and fall down flat on my butt.

*whistle sounds*

We all stop playing as I can see Mrs. Ween's stressed face staring hard at me as I just keep my eyes down.

I stand up slowly with my team members moving closer to her while sweating heavily.

"Choi Minjung, is there anything wrong? The way you played was very disturbing and very not professional. I am very disappointed." Mrs. Ween firmly asked me.

I shakes my head. "No, Miss."

"Then? What's disturbing your mind? This game is very important to us, okay? Even if you have problems, you must not mix your personal problems with your school things especially basketball." She continues again crossing her arms over her chest.

I nod my head to her. "I understand, Miss. I'm sorry."

"Don't embarrass yourself, Captain Minjung. You're a captain. You're the most skill one. You're supposed to be one that other SkyForce members can follow after, okay? I'm putting high hopes on you. I'm rooting for you, too."

She seriously said shaking her head in stress.

"I'm sorry. I will never repeat this again. I'll practice harder." I closes my eyes for a moment before bowing to Mrs. Ween in shame.

"Alright girls, I think our practice ends here. Go have a rest. And Minjung, as a captain, I want you to be more serious regarding this and I'm holding your words for you to practice harder. Have a nice day, everyone. Good job."

Mrs. Ween said again patting my shoulders while giving me a soft smile before she left the basketball court.

I sighs and turns around to my team members feeling sorry to every each one of them.

"I'm sorry, guys. I just have a lot of things going on in my mind. I'm really sorry. I promise you guys, I won't do it again. Go home and have some rest, okay?" I stressfully said to them while rubbing my temple.

"...."

I look up to them confused as they all keep quiet to me. I meet their eyes seeing them all smile to me.

Ying snickered. "Geez, I think this is the first time ever that Captain really did apologized to us."

The girls laughs hearing Ying's statement. I rolls my eyes to her.

"Oh come on Captain, don't be so depressed about that. We understand. Just don't do that often. I hate seeing Mrs. Ween like that, lol."

Zoey said in grimaced putting an arm around my shoulder.