Chapter 16

Jeongin slowly opened the door, trying not to make too much noise. He peaked through seeing nobody in sight and sighed in relief.

He quickly entered the house, carefully shutting the door and locking it. When he turned around, he let out a yelp not expecting to see Chan leaning against a wall.

He let out an awkward laugh, "Hey"

"Hey" Chan said looking him up and down, "It's late"

"Yeah" Jeongin said, his arms wrapping around his stomach.

"Where were you?" Chan asked.

"I was-"

"Because when Jimin came home, I got excited and thought that you finally came back. Was surprised that you weren't with him." Chan said, "So where were you?"

"Uh, with Mark?"

Chan only hummed in response, beginning to fiddle with his fingers. His eyes landed on the ring on his finger making him sigh and drop his hands.

"Why are you still up?" Jeongin asked.

"Was waiting for you" Chan said.

"Well you should probably go to sleep" Jeongin said.

Chan pouted, "You're coming with me"

"Later"

"Why?"

"Because I said so"

Chan eyed him suspiciously before nodding, "I'll be waiting"

Jeongin nodded, watching as Chan walked up the stairs. When he heard the sound of the door closing, he let out a sigh of relief.

He unzipped his jacket half way and squatted down, the tiny dog jumping out. He laughed as she ran around the living room before stopping at his feet, jumping up for him to hold her.

"You're hyper" He said squatting down and petting her head. "How am I going to keep you a secret?"

After a couple minutes, he stood picking up Berry and heading up the stairs. He stopped at his bedroom door, setting Berry on the ground.

Taking a deep breath he opened the door, seeing Chan laying on the bed looking at his phone. Chan looked at him, turning off his phone and setting it to the side.

"You okay?" he asked, his eyebrows scrunched up in confusion. Jeongin stood at the door, fiddling with his engagement ring, a guilty look on his face.

"What happened?" Chan asked.

Jeongin looked at the ground, "I did a bad thing"

A thousand thoughts ran through Chan's head, none of them being good. But one stood out more. He swallowed the lump in his throat, looking up at the ceiling before speaking.

"How bad?"

"Really bad"

"What did you do?" He asked sitting up.

"I-"

"Did you cheat on me?"

Jeongin's mouth dropped open in shock, "W-What?! No! I-" he paused, closing the door slightly leaving it about an inch open.

He then picked up Berry from the ground, "I got a dog"

"Oh" Chan said quietly, his face turning red.

"I would never cheat on you" Jeongin said sitting on the bed.

"You got a dog" Chan said, changing the subject.