Chapter 9

"Hey, Sam" Chan said, resting his arm on top of his head. Sam rolled his eyes, mumbling a "Hi" back, pushing Chan away making him laugh.

"Any customers?" Chan asked.

"Like two, I think." Sam said messing with the cash register.

"That's weird, the store is usually packed"

"Yeah, well we're in the middle of a pandemic Chan, it's not like people are going to be rushing in here like they do" Sam stated.

Chan stared at him, an unreadable expression on his face, before sarcastically saying, "Nah really? I didn't know that"

It was Sam's turn to stare at him. He then puckered his lips and widened his eyes, looking at the ground as he tucked his hair behind his ear before pointing at Chan and saying, "By the way.."

"What?"

"You're hot"

"Um, thanks? But I'm dating Jeongin"

"No, No, like in a platonic way"

"How would that be platonic?"

"Just 'cause you're hot doesn't mean I like you"

"Then why bring it up"

Sam giggled, "Cause you're hot"

Chan nodded his head, giving an awkward smile. "Well here comes a customer. I'll be over there. Six feet away" He put up a piece sign, turning on his heel and walking to the other cash register.

Sam looked at the customer, giving a fake smile as he rang up her items. "Did you get everything you needed?" He asked.

"No. You guys ran out of lavender, every time I come here to get lavender it seems as if you guys never have any. That doesn't look good for you guys as a store and as a company" She ranted.

"I'm sorry ma'am. Do you want me to check in the back to see if we have any?" Sam asked, trying to keep up his fake smile.

"No its fine, I'll just go to another store. Can you hurry up and finish scanning the items?"

"Yes ma'am"

"Its Karen, not ma'am"

"Sorry...Karen"

He finishing scanning all her items and putting them into a bag, "You're total is $10"

"Yeah, I have coupons" She said digging in her purse. Sam turned around and looked at Chan who shrugged his shoulder and chuckled. He sighed turning around to see her handing the coupons to him.

He cleared his throat, grabbing the coupons and scanning them. He looked at the computer screen, typing some stuff before scanning the coupon once again.

"Is there a problem?" Karen asked.

"Yeah, the coupons are expired"

"That can't be, I got them yesterday"

Sam rolled his eyes, turning the screen for her to see. "Look it expired months ago"

"No, they expire in December!"

"Ma'am this is Korea, we use day month year not month day year. That says 12/2 meaning the twelve of February, its April."

"You must be wrong, I just got those. Scan them again. Right now" She demanded.

"Look Karen. I scanned them twice. Both times it said its expired. These aren't from Korea anyway, they're from Japan" Sam stated.

"I'd like to speak the manager right this instant!"